Was he cheating on me? PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT?

It’s been 5 months since my ex told me he wanted to let me go because he wanted to focus on himself. I was so hurt by this, that I ended up sleeping with a guy that was close to him. It was not my intention to hurt him, I just felt so lonely and worthless. A week after, he started to post pictures with this new girl. He was using captions like “i love you” and referring to her as his “girlfriend” and going on trips with her

I was so confused because it felt so fast- a week is too sudden to develop anything serious. But it’s been 5 months, and he is still apparently with this girl as I see him post about her in social media. She’s in another country though and they are staying together, so it seems to be serious.

What i want to know is that... do you think he started this “relationship” with the other girl even before he let go of me? Or is he doing this just to get back at me for sleeping with his close friend? Is he acting out because he was hurt too?

I never got closure, so I don’t know if we ended because of my own mistakes or because he simply fell in love with someone else. Please help me find my peace of mind, I don’t know what to make of it. I just want to move on with my life without all these questions.
1
1