What is my ex doing?does he want me back? I'm confused=?

ok,im gonna narrow this down to the basic details,and mayybe you can tell me what's goiing on.my ex and I broke up in feb,however,we tried being friends(he wanted to) and he was the one who ended relationship.for 5 months this went on,finally on july 5th,i told him I couldn't do it anymore,was to pain full,i wished him the best,and asked him to please not contact me. this worked for 10 days,and he text me,just superficial chit chat,then 2 weeks before I heard from him again.this went on until the end of august,this pattern.finally I told him again,unless he wanted to talk about us getting back 2gether,not to contact me. almost 2 mos went by,and he text me.saying hi,asking how I am,etc.we texted all day,i ended the convo,and said,it was nice hearing from you,but I'm going to dinner with friends,i told him too have a great evening,and to take care,didnt hear from him for a week,then yesterday,he text me again,asking how I am,hows school,he texted me all day,even between his hockey games,basically up until the time he went to bed,and when he got in bed,he told be goodnight,wished me good luck on my test at school,and said sweet dreams..he hasn't done that in months,im so confused I don't know what to think,my daughters boyfriend works at the ice rink he plays,and there friends,my daughter and her boyfriend saw my ex on sunday,and they said he seemed like he missed me,and he told them he was gonna text me yesterday.but,i haven't heard from him at all today,and I don't wanna text him,i really just don't know what to do please help..he seems genuinly interested in what's going on with me,and we have nice conversation,i guess I'm just afraid to get my hopes up

12

Most Helpful Guy

• He misses talking to you but he doesn't have any intention of getting back together. He did a disappearing act when you brought that up before. His persistence is to keep the friendship and is trying to train you not to ask about getting back together and you keep allowing him to do that. If you want to move on stop answering those txts!

What Guys Said 1

• he's hot/cold...also understand he's ex...why are you still communicating with him? you are fueling this fire as well as it takes two to tango in a conversation...silence is often the best method for moving on from an ex

What Girls Said 1

• Girl, he does seem interested in trying again and so do you. But either way, you absolutely need to come straight out to him and ask him what the deal is. Because you have to do one or the other: try the relationship again or stop talking 100% for reals this time, because you can't go on like this honey! It sounds like you were already worn out about the back and forth and you asked him to stop and then it started up again. You guys gotta get real or you have to decide to stick to your guns and truly not talk to him anymore (i.e. ignoring his texts and calls). You deserve to either try again or move on girl!