Is he in denial or am I?

My boyfriend of two months decided he didn't want to be with me anymore his excuse is he just wasn't sure if we was right for eachother. The very first time we met he turned to me and said after 20 minutes of amazing conversation I feel like I've met you before it's like I've always known you from then on he would never stop ringing or texting we went on dates often he constantly said he wanted to take it slow because he had never met someone like me before how I had come into his life just when he was ready, I was the first person he had let in in 4 years and would always say he has really let his guard down and doesn't want me to hurt him, constantly wanted me to stay at his even if he wasn't there to come home to me, said all he cared about was if I was happy, asked to take me away, to meet my family spoke about meeting his, told me about how guarded he'd been but it was just to easy to open up to me. One day I had abit to drink and ended up asking him about our age difference which was 8 years he was shocked and said if you have brought it up it must be you that has the problem to which I said well it is a big difference it's not a deal breaker but it's big he didn't want to talk about it and we went sleep I woke up the next day and he had been up all night said he had been thinking but wouldn't say what about, he then didn't really ring or text me for 10 days unless I texted him then I asked him outright If everything was ok with us and he said he wasn't sure we was right for eachother so after abit of arguing our points me obviously saying how can you say that with how much we get along and care he said there was no chemistry or spark from the beginning he has never felt it. This has left me absolutely gobsmacked for me now I'm happy to move on but I need the closure of why would he deny our chemistry to me when it was so clearly there? And I can't get it from him. Was it me bringing up the age difference which caused him to turn this way?
Is he in denial or am I?
Add Opinion