Should I keep fighting for him or give up?

So I've been seeing this guy for about a couple months. In the beginning we just messed around to have fun. I told him I didn't want anything serious because I had just got out of a bad relationship. So we messed around for a month and he told me he wanted to be my boyfriend so we ended up dating. The whole relationship was scary I've only been with one other person and I was scared. He's 5 years older then me he's experienced so much more then I have and he's constantly getting hit on. One day he tried to use his authority as my boyfriend to make me drink and smoke. I told him how I lost my parents to drugs and how much I hated it. So from there I started to distance myself from him. He spoiled me and told me I ment the world to him but I was just so broken from my last relationship. I didn't know what to do so I broke up with him. And we became friends again. We were still only with each other. I started to get sad cause I felt I was holding him back. I wasn't ready to date him again no matter how much he begged. So I told him to leave me and go find someone who will love him. I didn't realize the more we hung out as friends the more I started to develop feelings for him. We rushed our relationship in the beginning which is another reason I broke up with him. So recently I realized that I love him. But he's moved on and started taking to other girls. We tried to still be friends but I couldn't handle the constant bragging about his latest lay or the constant hickys. I haven't been with anyone since we broke up and he's been with 4 other girls already. I finally snapped after seeing him bring his girls to the place we both work at. I started moving on and talking to new people. But then he told me how jealous he was and how much he missed me and wants me back. And I got so happy I dropped everything just for him to tell me the next day to forget what he said and it was a accident he said that. I broke inside. Is it worth still fighting for him? Should I give up?
Should I keep fighting for him or give up?
Add Opinion