I screwed up but my now ex husbsnd is putting himself at risk I dont know what to do?

I had an 2 week affair and left my husband of 5 years to be with this man but i still want my ex husband in my life as friends but he blames himself for my affair even though he did nothing wrong the 5 years we were together i was treated like a princess but i just couldnt help myself and he my ex husband punishing himself by self harming his latest being setting himself on fire i dont want him to die and still want him to be in my life but how can i make him see that my wrong doing wasn't his fault and he did nothing wrong to loose me before he does die or do serious harm to himself i know he's got a broken heart but i can't undo that?
7
3