Are your parents still together?

It seems like people don't stay married long these days

• Yes
  • No

3533

Most Helpful Guys

• People need to get married for the reasons that matter, such as communication, personality, hobbies, interests, that sort of thing. They also need to be mature enough to handle the lows equally as much as the highs. Not to mention be ready to support each other when things don't go well and be committed to the relationship and helping it and each other improve.

But many people these days, over the past decade, several decades, they're more interested in sex, looks, and just what's on the surface. Then after marriage, they (both in the case of men and women) discover the fantasy significant other actually has depth that they maybe don't agree with.

From there it turns into blaming the other person for what they themselves didn't bother to notice before. Then divorce occurs.

Of course there are other reasons for divorce, but this is what I have learned is the largest factor.

• Yes they just had their 51 year anniversary and still going , honestly I think that's part of the reason I value a relationship , if my parents can do it I can do it , I think people that had split parents r usually the ones that don't make it and cheat

Most Helpful Girls

• My father past away a few years back. They were together 55 years.

• I'm sorry for your loss and that's amazing that they were together for that many years 💜

• My parents are still together my dad was the nerd in high school that fell in love with the prom queen and he waited and followed her around the country for ten years till she finally married him and he would do anything sacrafice anything to be with her. Too many these days give up too quickly

• That sounds like a movie love story. Yea because people are more lazy