• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• People need to get married for the reasons that matter, such as communication, personality, hobbies, interests, that sort of thing. They also need to be mature enough to handle the lows equally as much as the highs. Not to mention be ready to support each other when things don't go well and be committed to the relationship and helping it and each other improve.

But many people these days, over the past decade, several decades, they're more interested in sex, looks, and just what's on the surface. Then after marriage, they (both in the case of men and women) discover the fantasy significant other actually has depth that they maybe don't agree with.

From there it turns into blaming the other person for what they themselves didn't bother to notice before. Then divorce occurs.

Of course there are other reasons for divorce, but this is what I have learned is the largest factor.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes they just had their 51 year anniversary and still going , honestly I think that's part of the reason I value a relationship , if my parents can do it I can do it , I think people that had split parents r usually the ones that don't make it and cheat

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My father past away a few years back. They were together 55 years.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry for your loss and that's amazing that they were together for that many years 💜

• My parents are still together my dad was the nerd in high school that fell in love with the prom queen and he waited and followed her around the country for ten years till she finally married him and he would do anything sacrafice anything to be with her. Too many these days give up too quickly

2|0
    0|0
    • That sounds like a movie love story. Yea because people are more lazy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• The problem is mainly the internet. When there is a problem in a relationship, it's easy to find someone new instead of working on the relationship

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. They will have been married for 36 years this summer. They dated for five years before getting married.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents split a year ago, but they were maried for 37 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents would never divorce, even if just out of principles

1|0
    0|0
  • yes they are and i'm the only child, so i figured that for 23 years of marriage they fucked only once :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine were divorced years ago, of courses was in the middle of the whole thing and I was 12

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents were never married. They split up when I was about 14

0|0
    0|0
  • My real father passed away but my stepfather and mom have been together longer

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they are. Coming up on 62 years this summer

3|0
    0|0
  • 30 years strong, they got married at 17

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are and going on 22 years

1|1
    0|0
  • 28years

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. 25 years this year :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No my parents are divorced since I was 2 or 3

0|0
    0|0
  • Separated by death

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, til death did they part.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, And i love them a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Mother died two years ago and dad remarried

0|0
    0|0
  • Na mine split when i was too young to know

0|0
    0|0
  • No. My Mom divorced my Dad when I was 8.

0|0
    0|0
  • 42 years now

0|0
    0|0
  • they would be if one of them was alive

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly No my mum passes away 4 years ago

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No both dead...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like it in today's age.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• Yes they are, and my grandparents just celebrated 51 years of being married :) My parents are so committed to each other and take their vows seriously, I have seen them stick together through things that would break couples apart

1|0
    0|0
  • They divorced when I was about 5 years old, they didn't remarried. Didn't really affected me since I was young and didn't understood what was going on.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents should have never gotten together. One night stand turned into abusive marriage and three kids. No good.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're still married and it been more than 30 years. My grandparents are still married and it beens more than 55 years.

2|1
    0|0
  • Split up when I was 15, they divorced when I was 20. Very messy. They can’t even be in the same room, it’s rather awkward

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorce is way more common because it's 300% less taboo and people are less scared to leave unhealthy relationships and more aware of what an unhealthy relationship looks like.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents have been married for 30 years and are going strong :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are not still together. They were never married to each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • No my parents aren’t. They had been married for 31 years before they decided to split

0|0
    0|0
  • My biogical dad and mom is not... I currently have step and half mom now and my step father and mom I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They divorced before I entered my freshman year of high school.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents have been together 21 years and I don't see it ending anytime soon

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. 25 years marriage but in relationship for 30 years

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad died when I was a baby. My mom never remarried.

0|0
    0|0
  • No mine aren't together and im glad they aren't anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • No but my father was taken when I was 3 so I like to think they still would be

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It's like I have divorced parents but they still live together. It's a mess

0|0
    0|0
  • For me there never were married there were just a couple

0|0
    0|0
  • Will be 31 years this year!

1|0
    0|0
  • yep 40 years this July

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|2
    0|0
  • If my dad was still alive - they would be

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. 30 something years

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea my parents have been married for 39 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they divirced when i was 3

0|1
    0|0
  • No because my dad is dead.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope they’re separated

0|1
    0|0
  • They are still together

0|0
    0|0
  • 25 years now, I want to be like them some day:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Surprisingly, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes