How to "break up" with someone that you're not actually in a relationship with?

How do I break things off (nicely) with this guy that I'm not even in a relationship with?

We've basically been fwb's for the past year, a little over a year now actually. I've told him before that I wanted more out of it, but he said he didn't want anything serious. So I've actually broken things off with him like 4 times now and every time he always comes back. I can't help but fall back into it too, just because I care about him so much and it's hard to wrap my head around the idea that he doesn't care at least a little bit for me... Ugh but now honestly at this point we've starting hanging out again and it just makes me feel like shit. He barely takes me out, and I just know its never going anywhere, and that I deserve more. I just feel stuck though, how can I nicely tell him that he isn't giving me what I want/need? He's a nice guy, just not looking for what I'm looking for. There's no hard feelings involved though.

(he also has 0 communication skills, so I'm afraid to tell him how I feel because he probably just won't say anything)
1 y
Thanks to everyone in advance btw!
2
0