Is it possible to reconnect with someone years later?

Me an my boyfriend had to break up because we are far apart and cannot be together right now. Is it possible to be able to reconnect with someone years later? Like four or more years? I hope so...that little thread of hope is the only thing that is keeping me sane right now :'(

We met online, and are a country apart. We're both in college so it is impossible for us to be together...We talked about having a family together, living together, how we were meant for each other...I still feel like I am meant to be with him :'(

23

Most Helpful Guy

• it's possible to reconnect, but realize that you can't keep breaking up because you are both going long distance...are you trying to find a relationship that exists for convenience when you are together and then ending it when you are apart?

• No, we just can't be together at all. We actually met online (online relationships can be real), and there's just no way for us to be together since we're both in college and a continent apart. I can't afford to move far away and neither can he :'(

What Guys Said 2

• Have you tried to meet someone in the same city as yours?

• Not lately because I was in a long distance relationship. I probably won't soon since it will take me a while to get over this. You didn't answer my question though -_-

• When you can be together again, in the same city and all, YES it could work out, if you can reconnect emotionally and physically again. Its possible for sho

• It could possibly work out even if it's maybe 4-5 years down the road and we're in the same city and single..?

• It might be a little hard but It's never impossiable.

What Girls Said 2

• yes anything is possible. If you both are willing to reconnect and catch up then that would be good. You could contact him if you want.

• of course! anything can happens its not written in stone! especially if you parted mutually and peacefully..

if you parted ugly...then it may be bitter

• It was not ugly...we were both very sad about it and said that we still loved each other and would have stayed together if we could have been together in person..