My ex wants to sleep with someone else. A WEEK after!

My ex and I broke up after 7 years 4 days ago. We are seniors in college. I found out he is trying to get with someone else. I am not sure about a relationship, but I know for a fact to get intimate. I am so hurt by this. we both have never been with other people. but We don't even have a legit reason for breaking up. We never fought.. we just didn't have time for each other. He said he didn't have time to treat me how I deserve to be treated. I am so hurt by everything this past couple of days... I don't even know how to feel right now. I am obviously not going to make a scene, and my friends say he is going to come crawling back, and then I will be on top of the world... but its so so so devastating knowing you spent 7 years with someone you thought was your world, and they are thinking about someone else... I am an attractive girl, but the girl he is trying to mack on is half my size.. I am not fat by all means, but I am no size 2. :( Makes me feel so sad. if he does end up sleeping with her, how is he going to feel after... I would feel like it was just sex. it wasn't love. I hope he sees that :( I know it sounds weak waiting around. but I really do feel weak right now.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a similar case, just the opposite gender roles I suppose. And both responders are right. If he is looking for somebody already he has fallen away from you for awhile now. I wouldn't wait at all if I were you. Go out and have some fun, hit up a bar or have a girls night at the movies. Waiting and hoping will only make the healing process harder. I gave my ex a second chance and the thanks I got was her cheating on me. After that I stopped myself from wondering about her, I deleted her on fb blocked her on aim and started going out to parties and having fun with new people. Looking back I realized I stayed with her for 3 years because it was comfortable and easy, and that was no way to be in a relationship. It will hurt and sting for awhile but it will make you stronger, you will know now what you want and will not except anything less, you will be able to find somebody, and trust me you will. So keep you head up high and to hell with him! Grieve for a bit and move on, it's the best way.

What Guys Said 1

• Look, the hard truth is that if he's willing to f*ck some chick a week after you two broke up, he was done with you WAY before the break up happened. He was probably just riding out the relationship waiting for a "good time" to drop the hammer or trying figure out the best way possible to do it. Don't take it personally. Dude's just in a different emotional spot than you. It happens to the best of us.

What Girls Said 1

• I am in a similar situation. As a female I can attest to being more emotional about something like this. The day after my guy and I broke it off because I was simply talking to others he invited a girl over to spend the night. IN OUR OLD BED. So it's very difficult to remember what was good about the relationship, but I can assure you, it is possible. Every good thing comes to those who wait. If you are patient and are willing to go the distance it will be to your advantage in the long run. Whatever you do, always be the bigger and better person! Listening to him with a limited amount of judgment shows that you are open and indifferent to your own needs in an effort to get to know his. Don't try to forget about the hurt by similarly destroying trust; moving on too quickly just to get back complicates it so unnecessarily. That's my take. Good luck girly!