Should I stay or should I go?

I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year now but I’m not sure if I should continue to be in a relationship or not even though I truly do love him. My boyfriend and I were living together up until a few weeks ago when I packed some stuff and moved back home 45 minutes away. Lately we have been arguing more and more and the arguments are more severe. He as well as myself can be controlling towards each other. Our fall out night started when he told me he had a bad day at work, I went to the store after I was off to pick up some groceries to cook him a nice meal in hopes it would cheer him up. In the midst of dinner he asked if he could invite his friend over to play video games and smoke pot. I got a little annoyed which he could tell and started screaming about how stupid it is that he has to ask for permission in his house for friends to come over and how I treat him like a child. He was banging his hands on the counter and yelling the way I have never seen him yell before. We got over it up and made up. The next day I asked him if I could go and hang out with my best friend. He said he doesn’t have a problem with me doing that and to go. So I hung out with her and since I wasn’t texting him back quick enough he accused me of being with another guy, told me to make sure I use protection and that if I get pregnant it’s not his. I have had to ask permission to go and see my dad to which he accused me of wanting to sleep with another guy where my dad lives. After I left, he locked me out of the house and said I could get the stuff one his days off. I already knew this was a control movement so that he could control the situation. I love and care about him and while everyone around me is telling me to not give him another chance, I can’t help but think I should stay. I know loving someone sometimes isn’t enough, but I just don’t know what to do.
Should I stay or should I go?
Add Opinion