What was the worst thing an EX took from you?

We all know when we break up weโ€™re going to have to say goodbye to the person and some of our belongings. What was the worst thing an ex took from you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean physical things I would say our dog that we got together, it made sense for her to take him but it most certainly sucked to lose him.

If you mean nonphysical things then it'd be my self confidence and my trust.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My best friend. He cheated on me with her and I lost both.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's sad

• Show All
    • That is cheaters and sluts when they meet

• I actually made him dump her for me after a while. Never acting crazy but being cool. Nothing irritates most a guy when he cheats or leaves us and we just dont care.
      They always lose their shit.

• I loved ur question and people answers !!! Super deeep

He smashed my identity... what i though who i was
    I was cool, fun, loved art, art was my favoeite escape, romance music didn't depressed me, i loved my short heigh, my cuteness, my big sexy butt
    I though all those little things was what make me special

But he still left me

I was nothing to him
    None of all those qualities i offered to him... he wanted it
    I became mad, weak, not very cool, not very funny, and did all those heartbroken crazy clingy girls do

I became ugly inside... i blamed him

But then i noticed that mad weak wasn't something bad.. it was something human

I learned that my apearance, emotions, my skills , likes and dislikes didn't determine my worth or my identity... bc all those little things are always changing depending on our environment on what information we absorb from the worth we live in.

So now i dont have an identity, i dont need it, im life, im someone who is working to be better everyday... thats my story... by now jaja

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• My time and money. I took a trip out to see her and she didn't even look at me when i was there. It was about a 15 hour drive there and 15 hour drive, and spent about 2000$ for her to tell me she wanted to break up (of which was totally out of the blue)

1|0
    0|0
  • My feelings. Showing emotion to literally ANYONE is far from a willful behavior on my part, so if I love someone enough to ditch that for them and express love for them and they leave, that hurts. This may not seem like a big deal for some people but I've never been identified as a feely kind of person so that would be the biggest thing for me. To expose my heart and have it taken away.

1|0
    0|0
  • My money and credit. College girlfriend asked me to co-sign a loan. Thinking we would marry, I did. She missed multiple payments. When we broke up we had to split the car which she was flipped on. Had to shell out $4,000 just to get rid of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pictures. At least that's the thing I think of the most and wish I had. These were picture in the film days, so I don't have digital copies of them. They are forever gone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine took my self worth, after we had our horrible split I no longer have confidence or pride in myself, I no longer feel like I'm good for anyone and won't even try to be with anyone for a long time, for a little while she took my laughter and my love for life, which sucks but whatever

1|0
    0|0
  • peace of mind after she broke into my building and climbed up 11 flights of stairs and stood outside my door for half an hour at 4am. we had only been dating for 2 weeks and im so glad the one time i lock my door all semester was the night she showed up. my roommate said i didn't need to worry about it and not to lock the door and i went with my gut instinct and i so glad i did

1|0
    0|0
  • My Luger p08, it belonged to my great grandpa who fought in WW2, for the wrong side, yes, but I loved him still, he was the best great grandpa ever, he taught me my first language!

1|0
    0|0
  • My "trust in women". Took me a while to find another one of those.

1|0
    0|0
  • My virginity, my heart, my time, my money, some of my friends, and a necklace with an inscription she didn't deserve.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im pretty sure my ex still has one of my suite pants so now im stuck with a grey blazer but no pants ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

1|0
    0|0
  • She took from me hope, joy and the ability to love a woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • My time and self esteem. She would CV instantly remind me of how much of a loser I was and how embarrassing I was to her, but because she was "my first love" I put up with it for over a year and a half until she put us on break so she could be single going in to college, so I told her we were either together or not and officially broke it off. Then when she didn't find a new boyfreindeithing a month of college she messaged me saying she missed me and like a fool I went to lunch with her. When I told her I was dropping out of college because it wasn't right for me she immediately got cold and unresponsive. Which told me that I still didn't fit into her perfect life plan and I dropped her off and haven't spoken since.

1|0
    0|0
  • My dog, had a 2 year old Springer Spaniel that she took when we split :( had bought it as a pup

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm guessing she didn't like the dog but just wanted to take it away from you right? Either way it should have been for you to keep, not her

• Virginity, sanity, self respect, friends, decency to name a few.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about what they took from me but i took the backs to all my exs earrings once

1|0
    0|0
  • A piece of my heart that I couldn't took it back and left a dark piece instead

1|0
    0|0
  • First kiss. Like I completely wasted it because I thought I was in love.

1|0
    0|0
  • The worst thing that was tooken from me was my self respect and confidence.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have never dated. I merried and she takes my dick like a champ

0|0
    0|0
  • My faith in humanity.

1|0
    0|0
  • An uppercut

2|1
    0|1
  • My time

3|1
    0|0
  • Time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Time

2|0
    0|0
  • My money, my virginity, my time, and my pride.

2|0
    0|0
  • My freedom

1|0
    0|0
  • My god damn hoodies!

1|1
    0|0
  • My heart!

1|1
    0|0
  • An unknown quantity of happiness.

1|0
    0|0
  • My heart

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 37

• Reading all these comments scare me ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I've only had one ex and that breakup wasn't so bad and we're still friends but im only with my second girlfriend so i haven't had that much experience with breakups

1|0
    0|0
  • My trust and loyal. I never cheated on anyone when I in a relationship. been cheated two times. Lot of more trust issue with girls. Girls in college pretend to like the guys I Used to like on college.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe when people say they love me anymore. He took my faith of love away when he walked away.

1|0
    0|0
    • Damn i was readin through these responses and i felt urs hardcore. Dont ever give up on love. I can't speak highly because i once gave up on love as well. But there is love for everyone! Just stay positive and everything will fall into place i promise!

• You are so young. Dont give up because of one loser. With age guys will mature. I'm sorry that guy messed you up emotionally but thats only one guy out of this whole planet.

• My motorbike helmet that we bought together. Found out he was letting the other woman he was cheating with use it. Still won't give it to me after i caught him.

1|0
    0|0
  • ha, he took my good opinion of him

and changed to a very low one

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never kept anything of my ex's. The worst thing my ex kept was my nudes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • My pride
    Love
    Mental health
    My heart
    Our future

1|0
    0|0
  • MY time my energy and my self esteem ( took a while to get that one back )

1|0
    0|0
  • My self-worth and independence

1|0
    0|0
    • This was before or after the breakup?

• Show All
    • Yeah, what @sweetman1234 and @DarkPhoenix86 said is pretty darn accurate

• Yeah I get that

• My virginity

1|0
    0|0
  • Confidence

1|0
    0|0
  • my confidence

1|0
    0|0
  • He took me with him

1|0
    0|0
  • A peace of my heart...

1|0
    0|0
  • My confidence and self-esteem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Money

1|1
    0|0
  • My self esteem

1|1
    0|0
  • A pair of glasses..

1|0
    0|0
  • My heart๐Ÿ˜‡.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well trying to take our kids

1|0
    0|0
  • My virginity.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ability to trust anyone

1|0
    0|0
  • My trust, feelings, and money

1|0
    0|0
  • My heart&my laugh.. my trust for anybody

1|0
    0|0
  • My heart because I'm still in love with him, and vice versa

1|0
    1|0
  • My home and all my savings. It destroyed me at the time, but I survived the pain and loss. I eventually gained back more than I ever lost

1|0
    0|0
  • My dignity.

1|0
    0|0
  • 11 years, my confidence and self worth, my trust.

1|0
    0|0
  • My trust and confidence

1|0
    0|0
  • My virginity.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes