Am I wrong for asking for a prenup?

So... I'm not going to go in to my financial wellbeing, but, needless to say, I'm well off. I am about to propose to my girlfriend soon, but... I want a prenup. I know, this is usually the kiss of death, but that's because of thoughtlessness. I'm not a selfish person or greedy person, but I'm not idealistic. I take the world as it is, not as I'd like it to be.

That said, I love my significant other, but I know some things don't last forever. Our potential marriage is up to us to make it last, but If it doesn't, which is a valid concern, I don't want to fight over what's in either of our Accounts. If things have to end, I want to be able to look at my significant other and give from the heart, what I believe to be fair out of our past love and shared experiences, not because of the law, and the law can get ugly.

Am I wrong for thinking this or wanting this?
Am I wrong for asking for a prenup?
5
1