Why I never get the girls I really want?

Girls call me good looking, hot etc. so it can't be my looks. I have had many girls I dont like telling me they have feelings.
I used to act needy, desperate and insecure with girls I liked so they got turned off. But right now I know how to act around them so it can't be the issue anymore.

I started to date my female friend and it seemed like both of us had feelings. It was fun and I felt the butterflies every time I was cuddling with her. I felt like everything was under control.
Until one night she just didn't text me anymore. I asked her for a date and she gave me excuses. I found out she started to date my best friend.

I feel defeated. For once I was sure I had everything under control. But this happened again. I know I can get dates easily but me developing feelings for someone is so rare that I feel like I lost my dream girl again.
1
1