Why do cheater’s try and justify their cheating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• 1st, no matter the reason, it's still cheating.
    Could be that they feel guilty, and are trying to justify it to themselves as well.
    Maybe they want to just get their explained known before they lose contact with you.
    Cheating rarely just happens, it's built over time. Usually from alack of open communication about what needs aren't being met. Still , it's not okay

1|0
    0|0
    • Or the person is just a jerk. If you are unhappy you can easily leave a relationship that isn’t marriage. Clearly, you have someone else in the background, so f they’re afraid of being lonely - they don’t have to worry.

• Show All
    • In my experience. I've seen it due to embarrassment or shame. People feel like they shouldn't be attracted to other people (which is completely normal) so they hide it and over time that causes tension. Then more things get hidden etc. Sometimes they are afraid how they really feel will break the relationship. Though, cheating breaks it anyway

• Also when couples stop trying.
      Never stop pursuing your spouse and never stop trying to impress them.

• Oh my gosh! I've got this one. It's not just cheaters. The fact is that people that are doing the wrong thing don't want to feel like they're doing the wrong thing. And so they've already made up every excuse there is so that they can feel like they're doing the right thing. And if you'll notice right after just a little bit below doing the right thing comes doing the wrong thing but for the right reason and then right below that comms doing the right thing for the wrong reason and below that finally is doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason. Anybody will tell you that it's better to be lucky than good and just about anybody will tell you that it's better to be right than correct. Most people will tell you that they would rather fail but failed trying to do the right thing. Trust me. If you're a cheater. You're already at the lowest of lows. In order to have done it it's easier if you convince yourself that after all it wasn't your fault. Now if you ever meet a person that cheated and tells you that it was their fault, be careful you very well just may have met the only unicorn out there. Haha all magical and shit

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s funny. My ex told me i was the lowest of the low because i held the cheating over his head, and I found out by snooping. So, i was the scummiest person and not him... apparently that’s how that works lol

• When dealing with a coward, trust me it's everyone else's fault but theirs. And let's face it, a cheat is a coward.

Most Helpful Girls

• They are trying to justify why they they did something that was so wrong and hurtful just to make themselves feel better or to try to shift the blame onto their partner.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they think they had a good reason to cheat, because for what ever reason they didn't think that breaking up would be so much better than cheating.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• You can't justify it. If you're going to sleep with someone who isn't your SO then you might as well breakup with your partner. Doesn't matter if that partner of yours is abusive or cheats on you as well. If you consider cheating because your SO can't satisfy you? Then talk to him/her about it, don't ruin the relationship because of something so silly.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they obviously only think about themselves.

3|0
    0|0
  • Why does anyone try to justify doing something wrong? It's because they don't want to admit to themselves they were wrong.

We've all tried to justify a wrong doing and anyone who says they haven't is a bullshit merchant!

0|0
    0|0
  • Who knows I can understand reasons for cheating but if they are just trying to make it seem like Its okay to cheat in general and what they did wasn't wrong then that just shows what kind if person your dealing with.

0|0
    0|0
    • What are good reasons for cheating? None of them are good.

• Show All
    • Like what?

• Abuse for one thing If one partner Is being abused In the relationship why wouldn't they want to get away? and of course that can lead to cheating and honestly In that kind of situation I wouldn't consider that person bad or wrong for cheating

• Because there is something in their SO that really bad or lack of something, but their SO don't wanted to change it, and they find it in another person.

0|0
    1|0
  • To justify not being able to talk out whatever problems. Besides they just wanna feel good about themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • They all have their reasons. I don't judge. I just enjoy the sex of married women who aren't getting what they want at home

0|0
    1|0
  • They have some form of conscience so they're trying to make themselves feel better.

0|0
    1|0
  • Cause people always try just justify their actions once they're against the wall

2|0
    0|0
  • because they feel bad for what they are doing, and if they can justify their behavior it will make them feel better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Humans try to justify wrong actions, like a child trying to explain bad behavior.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because rationalizing actions is how you solve the problem of cognitive dissonance.

1|0
    1|0
  • Because women don’t care about anyone but themselves. They have no concern for other’s happiness, love, or affection. A woman only cares about what she gains and what can benefit her only.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they want to find any possible explanation besides "Well, it's because I'm a piece of shit".

0|0
    0|0
    • It makes me so mad. That my ex tried to make me seem like such a horrible person, meanwhile he was cheating and lying the whole time! And even THEN he tried and made me the bad person when I found out.

• Cuz they know they are guilty and it was wrong to do cuz it was a selfish act and no one wants to be labeled as selfish

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not ever cheated on anyone I was with Ever! So for me a non-issue

1|0
    0|0
  • becuase they don't want it to look as bad even though it's terrible

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they're cowards who don't want to take responsibility for their actions.

1|0
    0|0
  • I donno, it's a different reason every person could be worse, they could try not to justify it and leave you

0|0
    0|0
  • Mai i have your number i know ur cute and i want to love u 💗💗💗

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Because they want to pin it on you, and like it doesn't matter who's cheated on who, just leave him and make him regret cheating on you.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are more trying to convince themselves that their cheating is okay

1|0
    0|0
  • They don't want to admit they did wrong so they find excuses or blame others for their own actions

1|0
    0|0
  • If they want to cheat, go on. What goes around comes around

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know because I'm not the one who's cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are cheaters, that's what liars do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't want to stop repeating it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guilt.

0|0
    0|0
  • So that they don’t feel so bad. They just want to blame someone else...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes