Why do cheater’s try and justify their cheating?

1137

Most Helpful Guys

• 1st, no matter the reason, it's still cheating.
    Could be that they feel guilty, and are trying to justify it to themselves as well.
    Maybe they want to just get their explained known before they lose contact with you.
    Cheating rarely just happens, it's built over time. Usually from alack of open communication about what needs aren't being met. Still , it's not okay

• Or the person is just a jerk. If you are unhappy you can easily leave a relationship that isn’t marriage. Clearly, you have someone else in the background, so f they’re afraid of being lonely - they don’t have to worry.

• In my experience. I've seen it due to embarrassment or shame. People feel like they shouldn't be attracted to other people (which is completely normal) so they hide it and over time that causes tension. Then more things get hidden etc. Sometimes they are afraid how they really feel will break the relationship. Though, cheating breaks it anyway

• Also when couples stop trying.
      Never stop pursuing your spouse and never stop trying to impress them.

• Oh my gosh! I've got this one. It's not just cheaters. The fact is that people that are doing the wrong thing don't want to feel like they're doing the wrong thing. And so they've already made up every excuse there is so that they can feel like they're doing the right thing. And if you'll notice right after just a little bit below doing the right thing comes doing the wrong thing but for the right reason and then right below that comms doing the right thing for the wrong reason and below that finally is doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason. Anybody will tell you that it's better to be lucky than good and just about anybody will tell you that it's better to be right than correct. Most people will tell you that they would rather fail but failed trying to do the right thing. Trust me. If you're a cheater. You're already at the lowest of lows. In order to have done it it's easier if you convince yourself that after all it wasn't your fault. Now if you ever meet a person that cheated and tells you that it was their fault, be careful you very well just may have met the only unicorn out there. Haha all magical and shit

• It’s funny. My ex told me i was the lowest of the low because i held the cheating over his head, and I found out by snooping. So, i was the scummiest person and not him... apparently that’s how that works lol

• When dealing with a coward, trust me it's everyone else's fault but theirs. And let's face it, a cheat is a coward.

Most Helpful Girls

• They are trying to justify why they they did something that was so wrong and hurtful just to make themselves feel better or to try to shift the blame onto their partner.

• Because they think they had a good reason to cheat, because for what ever reason they didn't think that breaking up would be so much better than cheating.