Can you give your EX a second chance to be with you?

For me absolutely no.,.,

Can you give your EX a second chance to be with you?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• My ex dumped me because I spent too much time with a cancer patient.

So that's a solid no.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry about that,,,

• I got back with my ex like 20 times in 3 years. It was such an on and off relationship. But we both knew it was toxic. And there was no sex either ๐Ÿ˜‘ The only reason we kept going back into it was because of the history between us. The first always seems to be the hardest. But I'm well over it now and glad to be on my own.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes depends on the reason. I've broken up because of distance, uncommunicated mental illness, or just having the wrong timing. I think depending on the seriousness of a relationship, it's best to break up if it is bringing you down now, but that doesn't always mean you were bad for each other. Just that the circumstances didn't align, or you weren't ready to be anyone's "last". I have exes from 1-5 years ago that I stay loosely in touch with as friends because they're good people, with good personalities. I find when you're young, you're growing and changing so much it's hard to pick a person and limit your own growth no matter how much you think you live them. Depends on the relationship I guess. Some exes I can happily say I'll never see again in life or social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • LMAO ok so i dated this dude for 1 month, was total bullshit, stopped contact for over a year.

Now we dated again for 2+ years and we're planning on future projects like getting married, having kids, etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow that's looks so cute,, I wish if this happened to me hh,, good luck and with all love

• It really depends on how you feel about him. Trust your gut.

• it's not an easy thing to do but I'll think about the second. Chance...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 144

• That just depends on what they done to become your X. I was separated in my first marriage of 5 years because she cheated on me. I loved her more than life itself so I was willing to forgive her. I couldn't forget but who could. We were working things out and started "for the lack of better words" dating again. During that time we got pregnant. I was so happy and excited that I was going to have a child. About 3-4 months along she passed away while pregnant. I lost my mind and everything else. My most recent X. I loved her a lot too. We had 4 break ups and the last time I had no more energy so to speak to try it a 5th time. I had always been the one who tried to make it work. But every one is different. My last X hated the fact that I have a habit I can't break. It's not drugs , alcohol , gambling or any thing "normal" and its nothing that harms others. I love wearing heels once in a while. I wear women's tennis all the time because they fit better. She didn't mind the tennis. I have never cheated on anyone or was violent. It was the one thing that she could not accept and I tried to change and failed every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, questions like this annoy me... You are far to generalising with things like that. There isn't a clear yes or no answer, since it's always depending on the case. But i personally would tend to yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if someone failed me once, the major probability is that she will fail me again, but i could remain friends with an ex, no problem at all in that regard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Which ex? Most of them the answer would be no. Except for the one that called so i drove 1200 miles to get her, but she stole my car and left me to die in the desert. When i made it home weeks later , i took her back, and took her back one more again after that. If she showed up on my porch today and when i opened the door she kicked me in the balls id say welcome home baby i love you. But we all got that one right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Too many factors play into why a relationship fails, but usually I avoid getting back with ex's, the relationship ended for a reason.

Usually getting back with an ex results in another breakup, a connection is never as strong as when it is first created, when trying to reconnect, a permanent scar is left from when it was broken the first time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Recent ex, no.
    Would it be possible. Yeah, in certain circumstances. If break up was mutual and done right, and met later in time when able to address issue that cause split then yes

0|0
    0|0
  • It truly depends on the circumstances. After an ex hoes me, then no. If it was something like distance or other people being assholes or a lack of desire to commit, then sure. I wanna be able to talk to an ex IF I don't wanna get back into it with them. This is just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its highly dependent on how you broke up, and who was the one more dominant in the relationship, and even how much time has passed from the breakup, and your current lovelife situation. But yeah, out of my 5 ex's id give only one another chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can do whatever you want.
    But.. there is an only saying about being fooled more than once.
    I suppose it all depends on the sercombstances, why the split and whatever poignant reasons you may have for reuniting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, things may have ended off with the couple not being ready for one another or life interfered with the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a chance. There's a reason why they are called EX's, and getting back with them means going backwards, when everyone should be trying to go forwards with their lives.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say yes, me and my ex both had our own personal problems in life, but none that destroyed the relationship we had. It just pushed us apart. The long distance didn't help either so I would give it another go with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I can. I can immidietly regret and get hurt by the situation too. Which would happen if I took them back

0|0
    0|0
  • Never
    Forgive a mistake, not a choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is very heavily situational but I think it's possible if both parties have grow past or gotten over any petty wrongs they may have felt. If the break up was because of cheating or something like that then the answer is no for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... if there can be a way together... good people difficult to find then why loose one... u invest time and life in a person... if it can be a way then it should be given a chance

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex (whom I left) : no

My ex ex (who left) : possibly

My ex ex ex (whom I left, got back to and then she left me and gained 30 pounds since) : no.

0|0
    2|0
  • Yes I could give her another chance, if she'd want to. We had a very calm breakup and it had it's root in us two being at different places in our lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • would never.
    there's a reason u broke up.. i could talk to them if they insist of course, but only as a human not as a candidate for round 2 ๐Ÿ™‚

0|0
    0|0
  • If i "get back with my ex" i'm getting back with my sex. That's about it. No commitment to that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if I have feelings for her and I think she has changed from the last time, I will give her a second chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls like to be wanted but when they go to another cause he gives her attention than usually the relationship is too thin to last.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on WHY they are your ex... But it is damn near impossible no matter how much you may still love them

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why not... Everyone deserves a second chance even you

1|0
    1|0
  • I usually won't because there is a saying 'what is past is past, move forward'.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends if she cheated on u or not... me and my ex broke up because of her mother... I asked her out yesterday :/

0|0
    0|0
  • There is one ex to whom I would give another chance.
    I still miss you Adriennne... every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that depends on the severity of The Break-Up , if it's cheating no but if it's just a misunderstanding yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. There is always A second chance no matter what. She was your Love your whole fuckin life at one point of time

0|0
    0|0
  • That would depend on the circumstances of the breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 71

• Not in a million years.

He asked to be friends. Then he found out I was moving in with my current boyfriend. He has since asked 3 of my friends and family members extremely probing questions about my relationship (which no one answered) because "he still loves me."

Fuck that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on why he's my ex but I believe exes are exes for a reason, and if we have once decided to end the relationship completely then it's not worth a second try.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, depending on the situation. Often an executive is an ex for a very valid reason. Sometimes though two people need time to heal or grow for a relationship to work. If it's meant to be it will work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending why we broke up in the first place. If it was a bad break up no... but in good terms absolutely yes second chance would be ok.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on who my ex is and what caused us to breakup, but maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! An ex is an ex for a reason. If you go back to your ex youโ€™re either desperate or bored.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's my ex, I'm sure we had some horrible problems. I'm the kind of person who's gonna do everything to make a relationship work.
    So no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only did once but when I found out he was cheating on me I dump him. no I will never give a asshole another chance to take me for granted or been cheated on again. the trust was broke.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would depending on the situation. My ex and I ended things mutually, so yes as we are still good friends

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I also ended it mutually but then especially not. There was a clear reason we didn't work. It was not situation dependent. No conflict it just don't work. Why would that change

• Yes if he didn't cheat on me
    But it also depends why we broke up in the first place

1|0
    0|0
  • I have before, but now in my current situation. Definitely not, especially since I'm with someone I love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, you didn't work for a reason and people never change. Don't be a yoyo just let em go go lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I did. I have a tendency to give people too many chances

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends which ex. But at this moment none of them ๐Ÿ˜…

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on you and what's the reason for break up. If it's not cheating then probably I'll give the second chance

0|0
    0|0
  • I did give a second (and third and fourth) and he wanted it. I realized I was stupid for doing that and I haven't gave second chance to anyone since.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean honestly it depends on the guy and what happened to make the relationship end

0|0
    0|0
  • I have done this and it's not worth it. I just prolonged the pain and sadly I lived the same things over again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I gave my ex a second chance, ended faster than it did the first time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely, you can give your ex a second chance if there was true love and he is truly walking with Christ. Asking price name.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, if he could go back to being who he says he is

0|0
    0|0
  • I did once. He cheated again so never a second chance again.. in my opinion cheaters never change.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not always but they changed a few,,

• Itโ€™s never worth it. Waste of time. Plenty of people in the world.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, what is done is done for me. Wouldn't go there again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not... He left me for dead at the hospital

0|0
    0|0
  • Would depend on why that person is an ex if they cheated then no but sometimes it can be a yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes why not always give a second chance but only second

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably Only if I wanted to be with him Iโ€™ve given my ex boyfriends unlimited chances

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the ex.. My last ex, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely no

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes