Guys, "Plain Weird and Awkward"?

If a guy had been with a girl for 2 years and then were separated by different countries and he started dating somebody else but still loved her and she still loved him and communicated sometimes and he always said "I love you" "I miss you" "I want to be with you" in all of those conversations why would he go from his normal messages "hi, how are you? (and using said girls name instead of his normal "baby", except for once in this message, as he had for 2 years) and the messages went back and forth between this girl and this guy with short questions and short answers.. other than when he called her baby and asked to see a picture of her and not an old one but one of her in that moment and also asked "and you're boyfriend?" (after he asked how her children were) although she never said she had one nor does she have one... then he said thanks for the picture please take care of yourself ok? And then was online after that and no messaging her or replying to her message... Why would a guy go from years of "I love you and miss you baby" to short messages that just made it all "WEIRD AND AWKWARD?" Please help!!
Guys, "Plain Weird and Awkward"?
Add Opinion