Have you ever wished an ex a happy birthday? How did it go? What do you think I should do?

Our relationship was perfect in the beginning, of course, and then we had a lot of problems towards the end. Lots of breaks and break-ups, arguments. We were friends for a year and then dated for a year and a half. He basically said he still loves me, but doesn’t know what he wants anymore (aka he wants to be a hoe). I said we’ve been in each other’s lives for almost 3 years. If you don’t know by now, then clearly this isn’t what you want and I’m not the one. I completely understand that people change and feelings change, so I wasn’t mad in the least bit. I think we ended on an okay note. He dropped off my things the following weekend and I said thank you and I appreciated it.

Even though we eneded on an okay note, everything leading up to it wasn’t all peaches and cream. So when we decided to go our separate ways, I told him that I had made up my mind that I was done trying and wasting my time. We had broken up so many times, so it hurt less and less each time. That’s why I wasn’t too upset about it. It’s only been 2 months, so I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t love him anymore or miss him - I do. After a difficult break up, I like to sever ties. No texts, calls, unfollow on everything, etc. It’s the most logical and effective way for me to move on. Despite what hard feelings may come about, I will always prioritize my healing over anyone’s feelings.

By the time his birthday comes, it will be 3 months w/o speaking. Knowing him as well as I do and knowing how sensitive he is, how I ended things cold turkey probably really hurt his feelings. In his mind, I know he probably thinks I never cared. Like I said, I still love him and obviously care about him. Part of me feels like maintaining no contact would be in the best interest for both parties, but then the other part feels like if I don’t say anything then he will be even more hurt about it. Even though I’ve been hurt, I would never want to be the cause of someone else’s pain.

What should I do?
3
0