How can I end things with my girlfriend without seriously hurting her?

We have been together for just over a year. But I feel it's time for me to move on

How can I end things with my girlfriend without seriously hurting her?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no way not to hurt her, except she doesn't have feelings for you. Just meet her alone and tell her. If you give her an explanation it would make it better (if she asks for it). Don't say "it's not you, it's me" cause it won't make anything better. Just be honest and don't avoid it for too long, the longer you wait, the harder it will become for you.

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no easy way of telling her that you aren't interested anymore without inflicting emotional pain. However, you can ease the pain for her the more honest you are about your reasoning behind the breakup. It's one thing to breakup without a reason but a man has the courage to make the right decision and explain his reasons for making such an action. If you are truthful when breaking up, eventually she'll appreciate the fact that you were open and honest with her, whether the reason behind it had to do with her, you or both.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• There is no easy way to do so have a long conversation state clearly why give her reassurance but it's over be a bestie make sure she moves on nicely be there as just now a pal

0|1
    0|0
  • You will hurt her so or so, just be honest with her, that's all you can do. Be honest and nice. She will be probably upset first but in the end she will be thankful for your honesty

2|0
    0|0
  • Say your gay 😂😂🤣

1|1
    0|0
  • It always hurts,, there's no way around it

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• You are going to hurt her either way if she really feels for you. So no avoiding that. Oh well. All u need to say is hey I'm not feeling this anymore , it's time to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're a good guy for having a conscience... it won't be easy... if you really care for her feelings... just be honest... thats the "go to" but you have to figure out the best way to do it because only you know the situation only you know her... you might get some generic suggestions... but you probably owe her more than that.. be creative be gentle

0|0
    0|0
  • Just open up she will only be hurt after knowing the truth where finally she will be healed after saving her heart from future breaks

0|1
    0|0
  • There is no possible way to do this without hurting her.. you have to be as honest as possible and tell yourself she will get over it someday

0|0
    0|0
  • You've been together for a year, you can't break up without hurting her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just sit down with her and calmly explain things to her, be direct but smile and apologize.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't. You just have to do it. Treat it like a band-aid; do it quickly and straightforwardly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Who cares that the price you pay when doing thing you know nothing about

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her there is someone better for her to love her better than you do right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless she agrees you two should not be together and lost feelings for you it will hurt her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make her want to break up with you

0|0
    0|0
  • Be honest just break up with her

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her you decided to drop some of the dead weight in your life and that includes her

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes