Has an ex ever played games with you during / after a breakup?

Did you ever find out why? And how did you deal with it?

When my ex initially announced our breakup (behind my back), she had left about 2/3 of her things at my house, and we still had a joint cellphone account. For several months, she never came to get any of her things or even asked for them. She occasionally would ask to split off of our phone account, but when I made the arrangements, she never followed through.

I never got an answer from her, but some people suggested that she never intended to be completely done in the first place -- leaving her stuff left a foot in the door, and asking to split off the phone plan was hoping to hear me beg her to come back, not actually leave. Both seem like a plausible ideas.

Any other experiences?

58

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I think most relationships that break up are nasty so the other person is bound to do something and one last F you

• A breakup is inherently a nasty thing.

But you do occasionally hear about an amicable separation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well. I had a similar issue. She did the same crap when we split. But. I forced her to tell me she didn't want get stuff etc etc

• By the same crap: left stuff behind and / or other things?

And by forcing her to tell you: what did you say / do?

• I emailed her asking if she wanted it. She kept trying to not answer. I finally told her I had to know or it was gone in a week.

She finally caved and told me to get rid of it.