My boyfriend keeps texting his ex, what should I do?

Its a bit hard to explain, they never dated but they fucked while him and i were on a break, i have been with him for 3 years now and throughout those 3 years he has constantly been texting, talking and going out with her behind my back, i hoped that now, after we have been separated for 6 months he might stop, but no. Whenever he opens his phone her name pops up, he started deleting and archiving the messages, he doesn't flirt with her or anything but i want the girl out of his life for obvious reasons (she's in love with him, and they had a history and she has been up in my relatahionship for 3 fucking years)

3659

Most Helpful Guy

• He's holding on to her in case you two take a "break" again. Breaks are stupid. Only half of the relationship ever wants a "break" and the other half is left scared out of their minds that the one wanting a "break" will leave them when they find someone else. If he wanted the break he is keeping that girl as a side piece just in case. If you wanted the break it's his coping mechanism. If you both wanted the break, congratulations. Y'all have found a way to cheat on each other without calling it cheating.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to talk to him about it. Tell him you find it disrespectful to your relationship and you wish he would put an end to it. Even if he is not flirting with her, it seems he is keeping her on the back burner which probably means he doesn't have much faith in your relationship. Or he's the kind of guy who only wants what he can't have. Did he 'chase' you while you were separated? If so, the wanting what he can't have theory is most likely. Also, him deleting the messages sounds like he has something to hide. If he doesn't change it I would put an end to the relationship.

• We have talkes about her for years on end, he never stops texting her , and no he did not chase me while we were seperated

• Ok, if it was his idea I was going to say don't even bother trying anymore. I think you're going to just have to give him an ultimatum. Tell him if he continues texting her you have to end the relationship. Ask him how he would feel if it was vice versa. I know it may be hard to end it if he doesn't change, but you will find a guy who is only committed and invested in you.