Why did my ex contact me to see if he was blocked?

We broke up because he cheated. For about 1-2 months after I found out, we kept in touch. We’d argue and fight. But we also tried to get back together and it failed. Anyways. I haven’t talked to him in about 3-4 weeks. The last thing i said was that I was going to have to block him and figure out if i want him in my life, and if I did, i told him I’d message him. Well, after the weeks went by. I’ve realized i don’t want him in my life, i let go of the anger and hurt and i met someone new who i like a lot. I felt i could have self control and unblock me ex and not reach out. And i haven’t reached out to him. Then he called me the other night. I missed the call because i was at work. I asked why he called and told him if he’s playing games to leave me alone, that I’m done with his toxicity and his immaturity. I also offered him some hard advice on how he needs to better himself. I also told him i met someone else and to leave me alone. He then said “i called to see if i was blocked or not. That’s it. Sorry to bother you”. I then said “I’m not sure why you need to see if you’re blocked. Leave me alone. I told you I’d message you”. And then we got into an argument and i had to block him again. I totally never want to date him again, and I just want him to leave me alone. It sucks i have to keep blocking him. He already made it clear he didn’t want me when he was cheating and didn’t have the heart of conscience to tell me or stop.
Why did my ex contact me to see if he was blocked?
Add Opinion