Breakup because its my fault? Is he going through a crisis/ stress OR did he leave me for another person and used this as an excuse?

Dated for 3 years, it has been 3 weeks since the breakup. The relationship has been great, we got along & never had fights. He felt like we have been drifting apart and that I haven't been putting enough effort into the relationship. I told him that lately i have been busier with class/ work. Then he tells me that we feel like we 're friends with benefits & that we haven't gotten any more serious. He has wanted me to move in with him before but i told him im not finanically ready because im saving money for classes/ my business. Rent is expensive! He cried and said "you’ve been living with your parents all your life, you had them taking care of you, maybe you need to find some guy with money and have him take care of you instead.” I've never seen him this emotional before. He started complaining about his work & how he felt stuck, haven't gotten promoted. He complained about his living situation that he's still living with his parents but paying rent, he complained about them raising his rent, he complained about not being able to have money saved and he also complained about the fact that he's almost 30. He broke up with me & said "Dont let what I want get in the way of what you're doing". I told him that we can talk about it and work it out but he didn't want to. Fast forward, I have a family friend who is his employee. He said he might be interested in someone? Lets call her Ashley. The family friend has a coworker and the ex went up to the coworker and asked “HEY, WHERES MY ASHLEY?”I know of Ashley but I thought its nothing because he always talks to me about his employees. Since Im using his amazon account, I noticed that a week before our breakup, on the browsing history, he looked at a necklace that said “Ashley”. I don't know because he usually gets gifts for his employees. Two months ago, he got cherry earrings, I asked who were they for and he said theyre for a lady named cherry and its her birthday. Also, Ashley is married. What do you think was the cause for the break?
1
0