If someone told you in confidence that s/he liked your friend, would you go back and tell your friend?

Let's be honest here!

This guy told me he liked my friend but I wasn't to tell her. But then he got mad at me for not helping him out because he expected me to tell her! Made no sense lol. (Technically I DID tell her but he didn't know that, and there was a reason behind it. I wouldn't have done it otherwise lol.)

Anyway, has this ever happened to you? I assume if someone does this it always gets back to the friend somehow, right?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends
    Vote C

118

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably wouldn't *tell* them, but I'd make sure they were in the same room often. I like to get my friends hooked up; it's good karma.

What Guys Said 7

• I would only tell them if I thought it would help get them together. I would try to see if my friend liked the other person in a more subtle way, but if they didn't get the hint and I didn't seem like either one was doing anything about it, I might just tell them straight up. I hate it when two people both like each other, but won't get together because they're nervous to ask or something.

• I did trust in one of my friends to not tell. Didn't know he was a bigmouth and ended telling her that I liked her. For me, if my friend didn't want me to tell, I wouldn't tell.

• It's bullsh*t. He needs to grow a pair and stop blaming other people for his problems. He's probably abusive anyway.

And yes, it has happened to me before.

• depends.

cause the situation WILL change

and for some reason when a girl finds out that a guy like her.

she stops liking him in the same way =/

===

but then there are some shy people that need a little help when it it come to it

so it could be quite beneficial too.

• No. If I didn't want people to know something I wouldn't speak of it.

• friendship above anything PERIOD!

• Depends which friend and if he liked her.

What Girls Said 11

• Honestly, I would. If someone tells you they like someone, they are probably hoping you would tell that person anyway. But, if they're like, Please don't tell her whatever you do or I will (insert destructive comment here), then I wouldn't say anything.

• Not quite the same situation, but once a friend of mine told me she liked my cousin whom I'm very close to, and that I could tell him if I wanted to. I wasn't going to, but one evening we were talking on the phone and the situation arose that it made sense to tell him (he was wondering why she was talking to him so much randomly). So I did, and when I told my friend that I did, she got so PO'd that she didn't speak to me for a month and a half!

In your situation though, no, I wouldn't have told unless there was a valid reason to. I really try not to spill others' secrets, it makes me feel awful.

• You shouldn't have felt aweful. Your friend gave you permission, so it was their bad, not yours.

• Yes many times...i got in trouble for not helping them out...so now I just tell my friends and they tell me to pass messages back lol...Yeah of course word goes around and one day or another they'll find out. so best to save yourself the future headache and spread the word lol.x

• I would totally tell! it's just an instinct some people possess because when we learn something we just wanna share it (or just me idk) but it's not bad I mean they end up thanking you for it if they hook up and if it doesn't wrk out they'll get mad but booohoooooo! it's not gonna kill them so hey there's nothing wrong with that, but if it's a bigger secret then no. I wouldn't tell but I'd be tempted to.

• If they wanted me to then sure, I wouldn't go out of my to do it on my own though. Not really my business

• I depends how close I was to the person who told me. If I were really close, I'd keep their secret. But if a stranger told me they liked my friend & to not tell them, of course I'm gonna tell my friend. A person shouldn't tell the friend of their crush who they like unless they want their rush to find out.

• maybe, I like seeing my friends happy so I'd probably try and fix them up. lol.

• Well I don't care if he gets mad at me..It's not my job to help him even if he's my friend..I'm out of his love love thing...

• Happened multiple times and I've never told either of my friends.

• Sure I do, cause he\she is my fried and should know for to do some steps. ;)

• It depends.