What happens when there is nothing to "move on" to?

My girlfriend and I broke up a month ago. I can't describe how much I love and adore her. Long story short, we live in different countries and see each other every month. She's decided that he can't handle the distance anymore.

In the past when I have had breakups I have been able to write out a list "things I don't like about my ex" but I can't do that now. 8 years ago I did an exercise "write the qualities of your perfect woman" , and wrote out 17 points, thinking that I would be lucky if I found a woman that had 9 of them... she has ALL OF THEM.

How do you move on from perfection? Everything thing else seems so small and insignificant now. A girl that I tried to sleep with in high school and college many times came over my house last night and wanted to sleep with me... I told her to go home. A FB friend who is super hot and super smart (2 masters degrees smart) sent me a message today saying that she's had crush on me for a long time, and wants to talk about having something with me... but I just read the message and moved on. Once you've driven a Rolls Royce even a 7 class BMW seems like a jalopy.

I was thinking about taking a surprise trip to see my ex (in another country) and tell her in person that I love her and that my life is empty without her. Am I crazy to not want to settle,? Or do I need to just accept that not everyone is able to cash in their winning lottery ticket, and have to spend their lives taking the bus like everyone else?
1
1