How do I tell my ex boyfriend of 2 years that it IS possible to be together still?

my boyfriend and I are 17, almost 18...about a month ago, I was trying to be someone that I'm not, and he felt like I was leaving him. I realized that I didn't like who I was trying to be, and I changed back to me, but he told me he needed a "break". his older brother went through a similar situation, and he told my boyfriend that he needed to break up with me and be completely cold towards us...he told me that he loves me, and wants to be with me but he "can't" because he was advised not to. nothing bad happened...it was just an unsure awkward month and its not worth risking what we had over it. we were planning on marriage only 2 months ago. we had something special...everyone who knew us saw that. I don't know what to do. he's like a robot taking in everything that he is told to do, I don't know what to do. he wants to be with me, but he is convinced that its just not possible. help!

thank you to everyone who's given me advise (: we are now in college and have been talking since our very difficult breakup. We are planning on getting together again after we are both on track with school and feel like we can balance a serious relationship with college as well. We're just as happy as when we were together again we just aren't officially together lol...yettt. but you will definitely hear about it when it happens lol. <3

23

Most Helpful Guy

• In all fairness you changed and that change created a problem in the relationship that made him lose trust. His older brother is right that if a girl changes then it's a waste of time to stay with them because it'll never be the same and the trust is gone anyways. What's the say anther big change won't come again and what pain will come with that? And I'm talking personality changes.

However, if you're really back to the way you were then just keep acting the way you used to and show him. Tell him not to listen only to his brother, but to also give whatever his heart tells him some consideration too. Tell him what you told us, that you were confused about you and realized you liked who you were and are still you. In time he'll find out and if he doesn't, his loss, move on and find someone else.

What Guys Said 2

• im in like the same situation and I'm a guy. Go to him, suprise him, tell him you changed and you won't go back to the person you were that month. tell him that you will be your old self PLUS more. tell him he's your love and tell him you want to be with him and that you don't want you to be with anyone else. hold his hands, look into his eyes, and ask him "tell me you don't love me" if he says I can't , then hug him and tell him you still love him. if he says he doesn't love you then ask why , tell him love cannot go that fast. tell him you still care for him. I would get back with my girlfriend if she did those things to me. goodluck

• That's really great, I'm glad to see that some love stories can have a happy ending. Here's hoping I can find mine too. :)

What Girls Said 2

• you need to tell him that you love him and that it is possible that yall be together (exuse mii southern slang lol) otherwise yall would hate each other and never be together...you need to talk to him IN PERSON and tell him how you feel and get people that care about you and want you to be happy to talk to him and tell him that you are so upset without him and that yall were good together and all that..but the main thing is, is you need to make him understand what yall have been through together and how both of you feel about one another...(sorry if you dnt like my advice lol I'm only 16...but I've been told I give good advice :D)

• tell him to stop worrying about what everyone else thinks & follow his own heart like a man.