Can two people who fool around end up liking each other?

A friend of mine and I started messing around recently. We are very open with each other and have decided only to mess around with each other and no one else. We have also agreed to let each other know that if at any moment we feel like we don't want to mess around anymore or we'd rather mess around with other people we would let each other know. I have a feeling I'm going to end up liking him but is it going to be the same thing on his end? I think I kind of do have some feelings for him but I don't want to be in a relationship just yet. Not at the moment. Will this lead to a relationship? Or just keep going until one of us puts a stop to it?

By the way how would you go about this if there isn't even sex involved but just fooling around.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• oh wow. this exact same thing happened to me! we wanted to see each other and fool around, go on web cam ect., but we didn't have sex. we also agreed that we would just do this with each other and if that changed we would let each other know. I did start to have feelings for him and turns out he did too. the only thing stopping us from a relationship was our ability to see each other because of work and school. well eventually we just made the decision to start a relationship because we care about each other a lot. he's still my boyfriend today, and I think I'm starting to love him!

hope this helps:)

What Guys Said 2

• with how this relationship is arranged, the odds of a relationship are not likely, if awkward at best...things have to stop as they are and a new arrangement made for a relationship to start up...your definition of like is misconstrued by the terms of your present social contract to each other or arrangement

• Well this makes sense the weird thing is that there isn't even sex involved. You would think that there would be sex but there isn't any. Just simply fooling around, But I understand what you are saying.

• Well, we all have different sides to this honestly, but if you wanna fool around with each other then just do that. No one's really stopping you but you. If you do end up having feelings for him that are strong enough then you will want to come out and say something. Even if he doesn't like you back it's better to stop it now before both of you get hurt by yourselves and each other. Both Trihill and aliciaxx make very good points and I hope I helped too.

What Girls Said 1

• I think its true that one of you will start to like each other (it sounds like you already do). It's best to say something before things go too far and get too complicated! To be honest, from my experience...this is not a good situation to put yourself into...it makes things very messy and unclear. Why do you not want to be in a relationship just yet? If the two of you are only fooling around with each other and no one else...whats stopping a relationship?