What a rebound relationship means and why you’d get in one when you broke up specifically because you “can’t be in a relationship right now”?

My ex and I broke up just over a month ago and I found out he is already dating someone else- something he wholly denies, but when she’s posting pictures of you two kissing on IG- it’s hard to deny. Now, this would already be a hard pill to swallow but the insult to injury stems from WHY we broke up- “he needed to grow up, focus on himself, better himself- can’t handle a relationship right now with all that going on.” The break up was quite sad- he sobbed the entire time saying it wasn’t what he actually wanted, but rather he needed. I was too good for him and he wanted to be the person I deserved, yada yada yada; all the cliche nice things men typically say. And it was accurate- he came from a very affluent family and never had to work for anything in his life, now he’s finally deciding at 25 years old, it’s time to grow up and get his life together. Me- I was miles ahead on those levels. He very adamantly told me he believed we’d get back together and he wants to be “the person” for me, because I treated him better than anyone has, and I’m the girl he should marry and have kids with. He tells me frequently how much he misses me every day and still questions his decision to end things- but again, fully believes we can end up together later on down the road. I was the one who completely disagreed and was initially harder on the matter until recently I started lightening up- after all, I DO see him making those changes, I DO miss him, and I DO love him. So- imagine my surprise when I find out he’s already dating someone new! (At most 2 weeks after our break up; we broke up around the midnight hour of our 4 month anniversary.) When I tried confronting him about it- he says he absolutely isn’t dating someone new, did not at all leave me for someone else, still cares for/misses me/ would like us to end up together, and is merely focussing on himself. However, she is near constantly posting about him on her IG. (Something I was told he never liked so I avoided.)
1
1