Is it possible to hate your ex, but love them more than ever?

So a few months back, my ex decided to end things randomly one day. I don't know if it was something I said or did but we broke things off. We have been dating for years, so I did what felt natural and stopped talking to her after the breakup. A few weeks pass and I get a message notification on FaceBook Messenger saying can we start talking again... I say fine but still try to keep her distanced. Note: I love this girl with everything I have. I was going to propose in September of this year. It hurts to not talk to her, but it hurts even more talking to her. I'm at this weird love/hate/love thing with her and I don't think she realizes what she does to me... Anyone guy or gal have any tips to get over this? I'm tired of feeling like this and just want her to realize and want her gone, but because I love her I want to get back together... Is this pathetic? I hate this feeling.
0
1