Affair partner doesn't want to be cause of my marriage break up. Honourable, forward thinking man or just not that interested?

Hi. Any opinions welcome. I've been in an emotional affair for 5 months with a co-worker but we only have limited contact in work. It's become physical a couple of times. We're not local to each other. My marriage is about to end. There are no children involved. I feel sad and we've had problems for some time butnits now coming to a head. My affair partner is now worried that he is the cause and he won't get involved at the moment amd doesn't want to meet. He's always said he doesn't want to ruin my marriage. I do get it. Causing a split would lead to shame and also lead to other problems, ie. If things didn't work out between us, he wouldn't want the blame for ruining my marriage. Part of me thinks that this is the honourable thing for him to do. He's never even said we'd be in a relationship of my marriage ended but he seems very interested in what's going on with me at home. However, after reading other situations on the net, they only refer to people who's affair partners want the to leave their spouses. Does that mean that my OM isn't that bothered, or he's doing the right thing because he knows my marriage is coming to an end anyway? I have real feelings for him and although he's staying guarded, I know he does too.
1
0