My boyfriends ex wife still has his last name. Am I allowed to be pissed about that?

So, my boyfriend and I have been with each other now for around a little less than two years and we’re very committed to one another- We have moved in together, I watch his children like they’re my own on the weekends, we do family outings together with the kids, etc. One thing I love is that our relationship is built on trust and we always check in with one another to ensure that we’re on the same page emotionally. We communicate well and often and it seems every turn where any of my previous failed relationships turned left, we turn right. We have both been upfront about the fact that neither of us really wants to be married (we are both not religious and aren’t really thrilled about getting the government involved) but there is one thing that is really bothersome for me. His ex wife refuses to change her last name back to her maiden name. I understand that she may want to keep the same last name as her children but it really makes me feel trashy- Like I’m the chick that will never have his last name but has to live with some imposter running around trying to still be seen as his wife. Especially when she has been semi negligent of her children and I have stepped up to the plate immensely. Am I wrong for feeling this way? Should I even bring it up with him? I want to be open with him but I also know he has no say over what she does.
11
4