Girls, Not a simple question of would you talk to your ex after a breakup, but what to do when/if they do? Would you give them the time of day?

I know every situation is different but I have had every girl that I have dated (which is 5 because I'm not a player and know what I'm looking for) come back at some point and try to rekindle the relationship again which I have (regrettably), and ended in another disappointment. I'm trying to not think everyone is the same as that's a bad mindset to get in. The shortest relationship I've had was for 2 years so maybe the length of time has something to do with the rekindling. I have tried to take this recent breakup differently as to not allow that to happen to me and end in more disappointment and really to save me the emotional heartbreak. So when she told me I should move on because she has been going through her own set of issues with family and loosing her pet, would this really be sincere? I feel like it could be, but a larger part is her self-esteem and insecurities and the fact that I'm younger which wasn't a problem for the whole two years we were together aside from her bringing it up every now and then. She also kept thinking I would eventually just leave her for someone younger which is not true and I have not done anything to invoke that kind of behavior. I was chivalrous and caring to her but it's like she had a wall up but would misdirect and say it was me who had a wall up. This may be relevant but she's also been divorced 5 times... so maybe I should have saw the signs but maybe people can't change. I cared for her deeply but depending on what she would say if she reaches out would determine whether I would talk to her or not. For starters... she broke up with me in an email instead of calling me or face to face which I thought was pretty crummy considering the length of time we've been together so an apology would be a must. Again, I believe this to be her insecurities or maybe she just had a hard time telling me to move on? Thanks for reading all the way through this! :)
1