Why do I miss my ex sometimes (even though he cheated)?

We were together for 1.7 years, and i found out he had been cheating for a while. It’s been 3 months since I found out about it. The pain has started to lessen, but sometimes the thought hurts me. I met someone else and we are taking it slow; i like him a lot. But, sometimes i compare him to my ex and get sad. My ex was such a horrible person to me (i. e., lying to me, manipulating, disloyal and often made me feel like i was crazy/insane/paranoid). However, I miss the good times we had, and the good parts of him. This makes me really sad, because even though i haven’t reached out to him in a month (except when he tried calling me and i asked why), he still plays games. We can never be together. I won’t trust him again, or see him the same. But, I want to move on and I’m trying - i don’t text him/talk to him/anything! But, sometimes when I am with the new person I’m seeing (who i like a lot and get along with really well), i can't forget the connection/feelings i had for my ex. Will these go away? (Also, i have to keep my ex blocked forever because when he reached out to me, he tried to play games with me :/ so, i know he won’t change )
Why do I miss my ex sometimes (even though he cheated)?
Add Opinion