Why does my ex stalked my Instagram page and liked an old photo?

We decided to part ways in December, we couldn't remain friends because I still had feelings for him but he has got a new girlfriend.

On March he contacted me that he heard from mutual friends that I want to talk to him, he said he misses our conversations too and our relationship was good but we just couldn't work out being friends. I started to move on finally, then in the month of April he started to like my pictures on Instagram and he still likes the new ones I post.

I think he may have broken up with her current girlfriend because he posted a break up quote on instagram. He doesn't like her new posts anymore. He just finished High School, we bumped into each other and he stared at me so sad and said hi. I couldnt talk to him just said a quick hello. I dont want him to mess with my emotions
1
1