Boyfriend ended relationship because he feels something missing and doesn’t feel the same. Please help?

I’m broken and don’t know what to do. I lost a parent 7 months ago, I had a miscarriage 4 months ago, my best friend immigrated last week and my boyfriend ended the relationship Monday. We were together two years had plans to travel move in etc

He ended the relationship Monday after we spent the whole weekend at this family’s house. We got on great as usual and spoke of holiday plans for summer. Before I went home he told me he didn’t feel the same and felt something was missing. My heart sank. He said he was sorry but needed space and he felt like he was making the right decision at this time. He told me to return his birthday presents two days after he send me links to items he wanted. Tuesday we spoke he told me the same, he said at some points over the weekend he questioned doing it at all and how he feeling kept coming and going, he told me if he made the wrong decision he will come back ASAP and talk it through. Today we spoke briefly about something else but he shut me down. He said he loved and cared for me yet was sure he didn’t want it and had to let me go. He said he would like to meet in the future as friends down the line and will “talk when we talk”. I am so hurt he would completely abandon me at the lowest point in my life and never wanted my mum as bad. Has anyone any advice or perspective on this?
1 y
No prior warning, we talked openly about plans for the future. I noticed he was a bit odd that particular weekend but no other time. He also said that he did contemplate not breaking up that weekend as the feeling goes and comes back but has been going more than staying recently
3
0