How do you end a friends with benefits relationship? Is it still possible to just be friends after with no sex?

I want to end my friends with benefits relationship because I've realized that I want a relationship that's a bit more meaningful that that. It's been going on for over a year and I really like the guy. It's not just about sex but a friendship too cause we go on hikes/out to eat from time to time, but I haven't met his family or anything and I don't know, I just want more than what he's giving me I guess. It's sort of an awkward relationship though, I don't know what to call it because sometimes it seems like we're actually dating and other times it feels super casual.

How do I end it/tell him he's not giving me what I want without hurting his feelings? I still care about him so I'm hoping we can still be friends too. Do you think that's possible?
1
0