Do I still have a shot?

So there is a girl that I like and I'm trying to get her to go out with me. She is always friendly with me and I made it known to her I like her and would like to date her.

So I asked her if she wanted to go out for drinks or dinner one night. She told me that she is still completely heart broken with her ex that she just recently broke up with. But she would like to do drinks as friends. I told her via text that I could wait as I think it is worth it and that I have other things I'd like to focus on as wait (work and mma).

I also told her that I understood her situation and if the best I can do is friends then so be it. Which she texted me back saying that she appreciated understanding and she wished she wasn't having so much trouble with her breakup and that day by day it was getting better and she needs to try to get over it.

So for everyone - do girls ever come around after trying to get over their ex? From what little I do know about her past dating, she does take it hard when she breaks up.

+1 y
So an update. Last night I went to the bar where she works. She greeted me like normal and we talked a few times when she slowed down. But something about it felt awkward for me and her. Just wasn't right and it seemed she was a little bit more stand.
+1 y
off than normal and not did it get later did she start to talk to me and my friend. I am not sure really what I should think but I have to think she really isn't that interested in me. Or that focused on passing her test next week.
Do I still have a shot?
3
0