Should I break up with my boyfriend, even though he's nerdy??

So, I really like my boyfriend before we started dating. We have been dating for about 2 months, and I don't feel the same way about him. There is this other guy that I like, but he is kind of a ladies man, and gets around, so I don't want to break up with my boyfriend for this other guy, because it might not be worth it. But I still don't like my boyfriend a lot. The reason I'm still dating him is because he is a nerd, and I feel bad breaking up with him. He isn't going to get anyone much better than me, and I know that selfish, but its kinda true. and I don't want to hurt him.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you would be hurting him even more if he found out everything that he thinks you still feel for him is a lie. Do him a favor and end things. He will be hurt for the time being but with time his heart will mend. Trust me, he CAN and WILL find someone better than you.I don't know who you think you are, but you sound as if you're trying to be Queen of the Castle. He is young and he has time. I'm sure he would want someone to love him because they love him. Not someone who is claiming to but only feels sorry for him.

What Guys Said 2

• I bet he's going to get a much better girl than you.

It doesn't sound to me like you know what you have. However, The next girl might.

Anyways, you said you don't like him, so that's OK. Just don't go around saying "he won't get anyone better than me". I know for a fact he will get someone better than you. That person will appreciate him more than you do, and she will immediately over rule and phase you out.

• Dating him because he is a nerd? Is that some sleight where you are dating him because he is reliable, faithful, or trustworthy? If you don't like what you have get out of it, but don't pretend you are doing him a favor by staying with him. Go date the ladies man and find out what happens after he gets you naked. HINT: He goes looking for the next lady.

What Girls Said 2

• Would you want to find out that HE is pity dating YOU? No sweetie it doesn't work that way. Leave him, because you will BOTH get hurt. By staying when you're not happy, you will cost both of you to miss a shot at happiness. And having feelings for the other guy is completely normal, you want what you can't have. Even if you DO catch the eyes of the sleaze you won't be able to tame him. You won't be the first, or the last to think that you can, and that's exactly HOW he gets the girls. He makes them think and wonder "what if?". You're still very young and you will change a lot over the next 10 years. You will have many other BF's before you find your match because what you want in a man and in your future will change as you grow.

• I broke up with a nerd for a guy who treated me like crap. And guess what? After 1 year he dumped me and that nerd doesn't want me now. So I am single and I really miss the nerd.