Typically after a break up is it normal to have peace?

My ex and I were together for 2 years and a few months. We’ve been having issues for a while things never got better so we decided to end it. In the past the thought of us ending it made me sad like the world was coming to an end. But I have peace I’m not sad or anything. I feel kind of weird about it like maybe I never loved him the way I thought I did. I’m actually excited to move forward. However I also get thoughts that maybe it’s not over and that why I’m not sad. If that makes sense.

212

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll tell you my story. I also got out of a 2.5+ year relationship. There were some happy moment, but most of it involved insecurity, jealousy, and frankly just nonsense, which I attached to it being her first relationship. However we stayed together because we still have feelings for each other. I also considered proposing down the road, and I had purchased a ring in secret. Then she brought up the topic of breaking up because its getting too much. So I reluctantly agreed. Since then, I feel much better, no strings attached, I'm not confined and feel locked down, and like you said, peaceful. It doesn't mean I didn't love her. I did. But there were just bad stuff that now you know it's gone, it's feels really nice.

• Thank you for sharing your story. I do have a question tho. So your ex never found out about the ring?

• Hey like you said. Peaceful and stress free:)

• Lol I know that’s right

Most Helpful Girl

• dont rush your judgments, remember people only start to value what they had when they lose it..

• I don’t feel like I lost anything, I relieved myself

• yes, but i mean, sometimes when he starts to actually pull away or move on,, you feel really sad and regret it,, it happens to someone everyday,, so try to slow your feelings and make sure you won't feel sad if he went away and for example you will never see him again,, etc

• Idc , I think it’s best he stays away from me. I want nothing to do with him