Typically after a break up is it normal to have peace?

My ex and I were together for 2 years and a few months. We’ve been having issues for a while things never got better so we decided to end it. In the past the thought of us ending it made me sad like the world was coming to an end. But I have peace I’m not sad or anything. I feel kind of weird about it like maybe I never loved him the way I thought I did. I’m actually excited to move forward. However I also get thoughts that maybe it’s not over and that why I’m not sad. If that makes sense.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll tell you my story. I also got out of a 2.5+ year relationship. There were some happy moment, but most of it involved insecurity, jealousy, and frankly just nonsense, which I attached to it being her first relationship. However we stayed together because we still have feelings for each other. I also considered proposing down the road, and I had purchased a ring in secret. Then she brought up the topic of breaking up because its getting too much. So I reluctantly agreed. Since then, I feel much better, no strings attached, I'm not confined and feel locked down, and like you said, peaceful. It doesn't mean I didn't love her. I did. But there were just bad stuff that now you know it's gone, it's feels really nice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for sharing your story. I do have a question tho. So your ex never found out about the ring?

• Show All
    • Hey like you said. Peaceful and stress free:)

• Lol I know that’s right

Most Helpful Girl

• dont rush your judgments, remember people only start to value what they had when they lose it..

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t feel like I lost anything, I relieved myself

• yes, but i mean, sometimes when he starts to actually pull away or move on,, you feel really sad and regret it,, it happens to someone everyday,, so try to slow your feelings and make sure you won't feel sad if he went away and for example you will never see him again,, etc

• Idc , I think it’s best he stays away from me. I want nothing to do with him

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I'm getting out of a 9 year message and I feel the same. Also my stress level went down and I lost weight. Being in a bad relationship is oppressive.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sounds like your living your best life lol

• Show All
    • Most definitely everyone is in therapy. My 4yo is speech delayed. Everyone is late on speech and potty training.

• Well that’s good, I hope everything works out.

• Not only is it normal, it's a good thing. Marilyn Monroe once said "Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together". This is one of those times.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone reacts differently. Be glad you have peace and can move on. It is a genuine blessing for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're at peace because you had already checked out of the relationship mentally.

This is called "not my fuckin' problem" syndrome

1|0
    0|0
  • Just get rid of that relationship. If you are excited to move forwad go on. If it has not worked one time it won't work the second and just after the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • depend on "breaking up situation"
    One of my Ex has cheating on me, so no Peace.
    and the lastest EX are good girl, we break with some family problem.
    Now she is my closest friend I ever have.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think you might be right. Because my first ex was terrible and I had no peace. This ex wasn’t around and I got tired of waiting on him so I have peace

• If you had a good break up you're not going to feel sad about it that's usually how good Mutual breakups work

0|0
    0|0
  • If the relationship sucked the life out of you then yeah it is normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Studies show if u have peace after breakup you never truly were in love..

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think so because I’m so calm. Not sad at all

• I don't think so either.. but i read that somewhere..

• Sounds healthy

1|0
    0|0
  • very normal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• So you still have them on social media?

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope, I blocked him

• I don't know why I am finding it so difficult to do the same

• I guess for me I’m in a peaceful place I feel if I stalk him on social media I may reminisce and miss him. I don’t want to leave my peaceful place so I choose not to put myself through it.

Recommended myTakes