Do you find it hard to officially get over someone?

Or do you keep dwelling on it for a few months?
How long does it take you usually to get neutral

3771

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes. The hardest women to get over are the ones who you never actually had anything with, because then you're stuck asking "what if?" There was a girl I went to college with who I was crazy about, but she just wasn't feeling it. She didn't even really shut me down, she kind of left me in limbo. I think that leaving me in limbo was probably the cruelest way she could have dealt with the situation, because there was never really an "I'm not into you" talk, and I was basically stuck with this small hope that she would come around.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was 17, I was in a relationship for nearly 2 years. It ended when I was 19, and I officially got over it about 1.5 years later. Now, I am 21 and I could care less about that ex. I think about him sometimes, but, all the cheating, lies and pain - none of it hurts anymore. Also, my feelings are gone for him. He’ll always hold a special place in my heart (even though he was a terrible boyfriend and human being), and I’ve come to forgive what he put me through, and i feel so free!

I think it depends on the duration of the relationship, and how invested you were. I am always really invested in my relationships so it takes me a long time to get over them. But, usually it takes about 6months to 1 year, or a little bit longer :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It wasn't really long and we weren't in a relationship
      Somewhat dating. But I fell pretty hard and invested a lot and we didn t end it well. It s like ambiguous on bith sides like each person doesn't really get why the other is holding a grudge but no one is taking the step forward due to ego

• It takes time.