How do I get my ex back, if he likes someone else?

I started dating, well call him miles, in June and he was the first person I was ever really attracted to. We went through a lot. From my coming out, to his coming out. It was a ldr actually. I started talking to his cousin, grace, and I still do. We all grew pretty close. But then the day before Thanksgiving he broke up with me because his Mom didn't like me. I really really miss him and it's been almost seven months. Recently we started talking again and I told him him I still like him. A few days ago he told me someone has a crush on him and they danced at some fucking thing. But I still really like him and he admitted to liking her. I know I might sound jealous but how do I get him to have feelings again?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You just slow the fuck down. I don't mean to be rude but you are at the very First steps of getting a tiny grasp of what Love is.
    First rule: You can't force love. Those films about the hero/ine doing something ridiculous to earn the Love from someone back are mostly lies. Yes, you can impress someone and maybe present yourself in a different Light, but you can never make someone have Feelings for you that they don't want to have. There's an old saying: " If you love something Let go of it". If you Really like this person than all you should want for him is to be Happy. If that is with or without you. These are some heavy concepts that you likely won't be able to fully grasp yet but It's Never too Early to hear them.
    You are young. Just spend your time together and See how Things Work out. Be thankful for these worryless times and don't end up chasing the past.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't force someone to like you or to get someone to like you. It's not your obligation to tell him who he's supposed to go out with and not. Your relationship is over, you're not together anymore so just move on

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 50

• You really can't. However, you are the girl in this situation, it would be more difficult if you were the guy. God knows why. What you can try is paying more attention to him and kinda getting... close (shut up pervs)... but not to close, juuusst enough for him to get back to you

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't "get" someone to have feelings, unfortunately that's not how it works. Also if you were able to the feeling wouldn't be genuine, and he would end up breaking up with you again. You have to let go. Have no expectations of anyone, and just be.

1|0
    0|0
  • What is this? Do you love someone who don't care about you? 😂 😂 it's infatuation. Move on. Concentrate on studies. Love is dependent on two not on one 😂 so, your thing is not love. Believe me you need love. Relax. Study or think about them. You will be alright without anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • If he does, just try to make him to like you 🙂 dress up nicely, act nicely, that is your responsibility as a girl. Ours is to fight for a girl ☺️ make him wanting to fight for you 🙂

0|0
    0|1
  • Move on... Billions out here, you're hung up on someone who likes someone else. Trust me, you don't wanna be in that situation, its hell.. Get outta there.. Find a new man, you will

1|0
    0|0
  • You're 14... move on, live is about experiences and heart break. This is tjat moment in life where you learned way more than you could ever get from that relationship. Good luck tho

2|0
    0|0
  • If he likes someone else then don't you dare try to get him back. That ship has sailed. Anyone that chooses someone else over you isn't worth your time. You'll learn that as you get older.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not even he has control over his feelings. Move on. He might feel some type of way that you did and try to get you back. If not, at least you've moved on.

1|1
    0|0
  • I know it's hard, but you should think about moving on. Even the reason for breaking up with you is ridiculous. But in the end, you can't force him to have feelings for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care how nice he was to you but if he went for someone the just don't even come back to him. He is not good enough to deserve you. Period

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it. Move on and find someone else... that's the only way to get someone back, and if they don't come chasing now they have lost your attention at least you're moving on

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't. You deal with it like a freaking adult and move on. You can't change people when their minds are set. So stop worrying about it, and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey its not possible if he like someone then he never back again but if he just like not love then one he realized that and one day he will be back

1|0
    0|0
  • I would move on in this case. Sadly it appears as if he's moved on

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't. You go on w your life and if he's still interested , if the two break up
    He'll contact you.
    Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't go back. If she chose someone over you that means she thinks he is better than you. So find someone who feels lucky to have you

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly just gotta talk to him, and if he doesn't like you then it's not meant to be, don't mean to hurt your feelings but that's just how it is

1|0
    0|0
  • Never date an ex, it didn't work the first time the second time will be more painful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mmmm... I tell you to be more fashionable or be more stylish when standing near him... Such that he might have been jealous seeing you..🤔🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• You don't. I know this is not what you want to hear, but you can't force someone to love you.

1|4
    0|0
    • exactly, it’ll only cause you more pain in the long run. been there done that lol. trust me it sucks. best thing to do is respect that he likes someone else and move on.

• I don't think OP's ex would take it very well. I was jealous when my ex developed feelings for someone else but sometimes things don't work out and focusing on them will make you sick. Since OP is not dating that guy anymore, she doesn't exactly have a say in what he does with his life.

• yeah that’s why the best thing for the OP to do is move on and wish her ex the best.

• first of all, you are 14, this should not be a problem right now. . you don't have to do anything. stop chasing him. love yourself and make urself better and the right guy will just come to you in the right time.. believe me, one day, you will just laugh about this guy.. been there ❤..😘

2|0
    0|0
  • Move on he has clearly if he likes her. Bad he broke up cause his mom didn’t like you which meant he didn’t care about you to begin with or he would of stayed with you and told his mom to shove it

2|0
    0|0
  • Don’t.

You’ve told him you like him. He didn’t return the feelings. His family won’t support it. Just don’t.

1|2
    0|0
    • Also, no offence, given your age it’s going to be old news in a few months time. At your age everyone is still working things out including you.

Have a good cry, a pizza, and a film and just try to forget about it. He’s admitted he’s moved on, and respect to him for being honest. Move on too and allow you both to be happy. Even if right now for you that’s with a slice of pepperoni

• You don't. Staying his friend is better than being pity dated. Besides, if he's happy with her, let him be. If you really love him, his happiness should come first. If he's not going to be fully happy with you, let him go.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dont try and get him back. He has obviously moved on. Take some time off for ur self and focus on other things. Its easier said than done but it's possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its difficult.. Maybe just dont expect much from him. This my hurt a little... Just go along in what He likes, Be the nice friend he has, eventually/ possibly he might like you again. But like I said dont expect much. 😰

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not a magician. You can't force anyone to have feelings for you.
    And if so... Will you feel satisfied that it didn't came purely from him?
    Focus on something, someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why do you want a guy that doesn't like you and likes someone else?
    Get your shit together hun

0|1
    0|0
  • Lost cause
    Move onto someone els will reckon
    If his feelings for you fell out, it’s obvious you don’t belong together I mean, what’s to stop him from falling out with you again

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't force his feelings, j think because it's long distance you need the closure of sitting down and talking to him but also you need to move on

1|0
    0|0
  • He's an ashole, left u cause her mom told him so, why the fuck do u like him? Forget him, move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl move on. He's not worth it.

2|1
    0|0
  • You can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't..

0|0
    0|0
  • Just move on

1|0
    0|0
  • Don’t try to get with someone who is already taken.. find someone who cares about you , dont try chasing after a guy that isn’t worth your time

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes