To break up, or not to break up? advice needed?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 3 or 4 months now, and since the start it's always felt like he liked me more then i liked him, but I also don't catch feelings quickly so i decided to give it time. He's a good guy, which is why I stuck around. But to this day, I haven't really felt any "butterflies" around him, which he says he feels with me a lot.

Now FOR SOME REASON I reallyy like him some days, but others, i just feel completely turned off by him, to the point where i don't even wanna kiss him or anything. Like he just does and says some things (little things) that make me lose interest in him real quick.

SO i'm just lost here on whether I should end it now or stick around, because i do like him a lot, but AT TIMES i like him more as a friend than anything else. AND i really don't know how to break it off if i ever do. I don't wanna hurt him and i know like all his friends and family now, so it feels kinda weird I don't know
2
4