Me and my boyfriend are on a break and I’ve decided that I should really break up with him. What should I do?

We’ve only been on a break for a few days but in those days I’ve realise how much happier I am without his stress. He hasn’t been very nice many times, making me cry more times than I can count. But the problem is that his personality is that he’s very honest, and I’m very sensitive hence why this keeps happening. I know it won’t change. We’re meant to be on a break for a few weeks but now it’s just looming over me and I don’t know if I should get it over and done with. He’s started messaging my friends saying how much he misses and loves me and how he hates that he’s hurt me and asking if they think he has a chance anymore... what should I do? When should I break up with him, now or wait till the end of our break? To add in just about to start my a levels.
5
2