How to go back to friendship after having a relationship?

925

Most Helpful Guy

• The best way to approach this is to provide closure. If the two of you ended on a good note and were very clear as to why the relationship needed to end, there is an easy recovery to establish a friendship again without permanently damaging it. However, if you two ended on a bad note, why not talk with them again in providing closure and letting them know that what happened before is in the past and you want to move forward with them in the form of a friendship. They may or may not accept this change depending on how much they cared for you.

• I ended the relationship, but he is still in love with me. We concluded to stay friends, but now it feels really strange between us.

• I see why this is a difficult predicament for you. Just realize that if he commits any kind of reckless action that it is not your fault because you've done nothing to provoke the way he feels as it came naturally to him. He needs to gain confidence in himself and not give you an emotional burden just because you're one of the only people he's close to. You have a right to complain to the school administration if he attempts anything that would make you feel uncomfortable otherwise. One idea I can suggest is to help him find a group of people he could potentially make friends with! If he can divert his attention to other people, he'll less likely be attached to you and be not as likely to do something reckless.

• Thanks, that will be a good idea

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how you both broke up and the feelings you both have for each other. If it is mutual etc. But it is extremely hard.

Personally still trying to but it is even more harder if you both are still caring about each other in certain ways. And not helping that i still have feelings for him and he knows about it.

• I feel the same like you right now and I dont know if i should end the friendship or not... would be glad if you'll tell me how it goes

• Didn't expect there are people in the same situation as me. Still maintaining the friendship even though it is hard cause i can't imagine him out of my life.