Can someone depict what the meaning of this text is? He broke up with me. Please translate?

We broke up Saturday. What did he mean by this text?

"Again. I couldn’t pull it together to be something that deserves you. But I still knew you deserve way more than to be lied to or cheated on."

I know we are NOT getting back together. But what does it mean when a guy says "he can't be what you deserve."? And why did he mention lying or cheating? Does that mean he was going to lie and cheat on me if we were not going to break up?

I'm very confused. We might talk again on Friday, but I don't really see a point. I feel like if this man loved me, he wouldn't want to lose me, but I guess he doesn't value me enough. Let's be honest, men marry women that they love, and don't let them get away. He's letting me get away. : ( He doesn't want me.

Here is the conversation:
(Also, I feel like I want a different ending to this story, but I'm not going to get one. It makes me sad.)
He also has developmental trauma and is seeing a therapist, so he has really intense emotions and can be emotionally abusive at times. He blocked my phone number and removed me on facebook Saturday because of his intense emotions. It was over something minuscule. Tonight was the night we finally talked.

And we only talked because we awkwardly both downloaded Tinder, and I accidentally swiped right on him. He texted me and said "Isn't this awkward." and then Tinder messaged me "I can't tell if this is funny or horrible." "I'm not sure if we're gonna talk or not. That's ok, but I would really like to just know that you're alright."

I got mad at the "I don't know if this is funny or horrible" comment, but didn't say anything. I unmatched him off of Tinder, and then later I texted him if I could ask him one thing. And here is how the conversation went:

(Me)
Hey, can I ask you something?

(Him)
Yah
Hey
First
In case you ask something one of us isn't going to like
Let me get this out first...
Are you ok? I hope your ok.
1 y
(Him)
I was a jerk. The last time we talked and many times before that.
I couldn’t keep being line that to you. So. I’m sorry. But this is the only way I could do what’s right for you... You can go ahead and ask me anything you want.

I know I did a lot of wrong things. I was never on tinder when we were dating. I never talked to another girl, cheated on you, or did something behind your back.
1 y
(Him)
Again. I couldn’t pull it together to be something that deserves you. But I still knew you deserve way more than to be lied to or cheated on.

On top of everything else. I hope you are happy because more than anyone else I know, you deserve that.

(Me)
What did you mean by this: “I couldn’t keep being line that to you. So. I’m sorry. But this is the only way I could do what’s right for you...”?
(there are typos and i’m not sure what you meant to say...)
3
0