My ex wants me back??

So my ex and I broke up 4 months ago. Yesterday we hung out for the first time in a month and he was being very sweet and very flirty. Then later that night I was lying on the couch at his place and he just came over and started cuddling with me. And then he kissed me.

I pulled away at first and asked him what he was doing, and he told me that he realized over this past month that he missed me a lot and that he just needed space to realize that. He said that he wants to date again and just not have it be quite as serious as last time because he got overwhelmed. And then we kind of hooked up.

I text him today and I asked him if he still felt the same as he did yesterday and he told me that he did.

Are we technically dating again...? Is this a bad idea?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it really depends on why he broke up with you to start with. "just not have it be quite as serious as last time because he got overwhelmed", well what did he expect? If you are not a casual girl, then please don't act like it. So when it gets too intense again, is he just gonna bail out on you again? This is what you have to think about.

Is this a bad idea? Well how is your relationship going to improve if he isn't in it to be serious? Why do you want to be with him? People get back together to make it better, not to just date until it gets serious again.

Personally, I don't think he wants a girlfriend but he can't get another girl to be casually into him so he just comes back to you. If you make it that easy for him to come back, it'll be just as easy for him to leave again. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

What Guys Said 1

• dating again, but not as serious...that phrase is code for rebounding and eventually developing something of an FWB...I assume hookup meaning you just had sex with him without really having the heart-to-heart talk...there's a reason why he's an ex...in a manner of speaking you're dating if you want this FWB or rebound, but if not, it's probably a bad idea

What Girls Said 5

• I would have to say be cautious, because he said all this with the intention of getting sex from you. When you pulled away, he realized he had to tell you that stuff. A horny guy will say anything to ensure he gets it. Though the fact he said he still felt the same the next day is a good sign, but just be cautious because it sounds as though he changes his mind as often as he would change his underwear. Good luck.

• Its not bad at all. It's whatever you feel is right. If you really like him ... Give it a try ! What can go wrong ?

• sounds like you are dating again. but I don't know if its a bad idea or not because I don't know the guy. I say if you like him and want to be back with him and have no doubts about it then do it [:

• I'd say take the chance. If it's meant to be it will work out. If you don't know if you're dating, make sure to make it clear!

• i wouldn't say you are. I would give it time and see where it goes. sometimes men get caught up in the moment.