Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone? Why?

What made you break up with them in the first place, and why did you later regret it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I broke up with a guy last year cause of my religion. He's atheist.
    I regretted it. This whole year I mourned over it silently. I saw him every day but we never talked to each other. And he got a girlfriend.
    4 weeks ago his girlfriend broke up with him. I asked him to see Solo with me and he said yes. And I see something piecing back together.
    I regretted breaking up cause I knew nobody had ever made me feel the way he made me feel. He's such a dork too. And a geek. I need that in my life. He explained to me last year that he only gets into relationships if he knows it's going to last.
    I love him.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Never. If I found a good one, I’d try a little harder to not find excuses to fire them.

One was a waiting ‘til marriage type. Adios.

Another was a drunk partier and a flake.

I’m missing a few less memorable ones.

Four with daddy issues and various levels of uncomfortable validation-seeking extra effort: pies, cookies, cakes, casseroles, salmon, rice, blowjobs, obedient compliance without a challenge.
    One offered a three way with her younger roommate.
    One wanted to leave her life and fly out to live with me.
    One was just nuts and gold-digging while talking crap about the ex and saying how she gets free shit like cars and trips from oral skills.

Had great sex with an unstable bi/pan/kink chick (which obviously meant I was deficient in complementary ways then too) with a massive age and background difference... I wanted it to end on a good note, but immediately I became cast as the “bad guy,” despite talking it out calmly and gently as possible.

_Hire smart&slow, fire smart&fast_

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

I like your style and can relate to a few of those types haha

• 6d

It’s difficult to consider monogamy when the “hottest popular girl” barely in college, golden silk blond down to her mini bubble-butt (and half your age 🤣) is DTF and thinks you’re the shit... one among many in the rotation of cool chicks whom start from looks/health but then have to earn and respect my continued attention by at least behaving.

In general, I sleep first and ask Q’s later during pillow talk when defenses are lowest and over the “what are we” awkwardness.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• Yes but that was long time ago i haven't seen him since

1|0
    0|0
    • Why did you regret it? If your paths crossed again would you express your feelings?

• Im sure he's in a better place now

• No. Each time it was for the greater good and in the long run I am much happier without them.

0|0
    0|0
  • never...
    I don't do decisions that I will later regret. I give too much chances so no regrets for me :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes i have.. i broke up with him because things got boring and then i regretted it but i never tried fixing it because of my ego

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

If he ever came back into your life would you give the relationship another shot?

• 7d

Yeah i would
      He was the best and kindest guy i've ever met so far

• Hmmm I think so because I realised I still liked him however I moved on a long time ago

0|0
    0|0
  • Thank god noone wants to sate me in da first place. Okay some do but i dont like them. Too bad the guys I've liked dont like me back.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

You're only 15. Relax. I'm 24 and I have that same problem lol.

• YES!!! We broke up over the most childish reason ever, and now we are trying to fix things back to the way they were

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes because ten minutes later my stupid self remembered that I love him and still do. The thing is I don't even remember what we fought about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope they let you experience things differently and they were always at fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I hated everyone and I wouldn't have been happy...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, only hoped and wondered if they we're in a better place but still think it was a good decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • I regret NOTHING!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • No. But I did regret taking an ex back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • A bit

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No I have not

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Because i had nobody to break up with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have

0|0
    0|0
    • Why did you break up? And what made you regret breaking up with them? If you don't mind me asking

• I regret because I thought I will find someone healthier and better looking than him, so I dumped him for a guy but it was just a bet against my couple. I want him back because I can’t find another guy, richer than him, and more handsome than he was. And he was the one to support me, since he was buying me everything I want but I wanted a guy that will buy me more..

0|0
    2|2
    • 7d

That sounds shallow

• Show All
    • 7d

I hear trading up is a common thing

• 7d

I doubt I'll ever meet anyone from this app lol. Also I'd rather not use this as a way to get a girl.

What Guys Said 32

• Kind of. I just regret the way that I did it and the reason why. I broke up with a girl when I was like 14 or 15ish because she liked me too much. Someone being that into me made me uncomfortable I guess. It was a cruel, immature, unfair and ass-backwards thing to do. She was super attractive too. Another factor was that she was a cheerleader & hung with the popular crowd and I hung out with a bunch of hippy stoner kids. The girls I hung with didn't approve of her and would constantly talk bad about her/tell me I could do better etc... Looking back I think their idea of better was themselves, as narcissistic as that sounds, it just makes the most sense considering they barely knew her.

I was a boy following the crowd. I still feel bad about it. She literally did nothing wrong. We talked for a short time after highschool and it pretty much came to an end when I got a text from her on Valentine's day that she couldnt make it to our date (I was in line buying flowers for her). Oddly enough, it made me feel better that she got the opportunity to kick me when I was vulnerable like I did to her. that might have been what I was after the entire time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... there was a popular TV show named "Suddenly Wanna Cry." She looked exactly like the main character, and this guy who just moved into looked exactly like another main character.

We were not exactly in a relationship, but I was sure as well those moments were happier than any other.

I... could never read her mind. Her strict standards for an ideal boyfriend were to be tall, handsome, rich, and smart. I was... not capable of any of them...

She was my first love tbh, but at a time, I was under the progress of moving to where I'm living now, and I had a belief that long distance relationship would never work because the concept itself was a selfish idea.

The closer I had a feeling I would move. The close she came to my heart. The stress that one day seeing her dropping on her knees and crying in extreme pains torn me apart everyday. Oh God she was so beautiful, teasing, most intelligent person I have ever met. I liked to watch switching her characters back and forth, but man, when our eyes met, there were only souls in the world.

I knew I had to do it, but the cowardness kept taking over me for I have never done that before, but to my very love of life? The dream was to walk her on the aisle, to put a ring on her finger, exchange kisses with our kids, so half ass me decided to ghost her, put silence treatment (her favorite torture), and disappeared.

Strangely the more I tried to stay away, the more I saw her.

"Suddenly Wanna Cry" was my favorite show. And people all assumed she was his girlfriend. Tbh, they did look good together. He met every requirements of hers, but me, I was just a shadow. Everytime an episode ended (broadcast, every night at 8 PM, every new episode on Friday), I would ride bike to her house, and just wait and look inside until it got dangerously dark.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Half Assad me never believed she would like me for how much tortured she put on me. Then one day, I wanted attention "I will be leaving in 7 days," I announced. It was just the last medical test, then the flight. Dear God, the flight was actually 1 year later and I didn't know. We were in an English private class. She came over and asked me right after before the class started. I angrily yelled at her "yes."

10 minutes later, she walked in the bathroom, and stayed there the rest of the class.

Next day, she went back to her super short hair style again. She used to have a very long hair.

People said she was very angry at me for not telling her in advance. "Why Tf would i?" And that was when it suddenly caught my eyes... My ideal gf's hairstyle was long hair.

Suddenly, I wanna cry.

• Show All
    • 7d

Say, it's on another side of the planet

• 3d

So it's korean?

• Yes, it was with my most recent ex (2months ago), broke up because we both lost the spark, and we lost the spark because I thought I was doing the right thing, but it was definitely not. And I regret it because I didn't try hard enough to keep her, she was almost perfect for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my most recent girlfriend broke up in 2014 due to religious differences. We got back together in 2016, and we had a long distance relationship for 8 months and when we spent two weeks together, the first day after she stopped kissing me she just said aloud "why did I let you go?" And I knew she regretted us being apart

1|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't regret breaking up with any of my ex girlfriends because I did it for the right reasons. She cheats, I dump her. End of story.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

Well I'd say your decision was justified. Props to you for having respect for yourself to cut toxic women like that out. It's the obvious answer, but not always the easiest when you care about them.

• 7d

If any girl is cheating on you that means she doesn't care enough about you. I've cared deeply about every one of my past girlfriends. Cheating is the ultimate deal breaker in my opinion.

• Yep, but not because I liked them. Mostly because I'm still single 2 years later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, i broke up with her for the sole reason of immaturity. I just wasn't ready to be an actual boyfriend. This was my junior year in highschool. But, even more so, it was the way i broke up with her. I never said let's break up. I ignored her completely. I thought that by doing this she would hate me completely.

But she was always a really cool person, i could talk to her like she was one of my best friends. She was also my type.

I didn't regret it till about 2 years later when i actually apologized. I felt like a dick when i told my friends about it, because i never stopped liking her. I asked if we could start over, and she said she just couldn't.

2|0
    0|0
  • no i've never thought after a break up that i wished i hadn't broken up with them

1|0
    0|0
  • my girlfriend betrayed me with a friend of mine.
    i broke up with her.
    The felling that i did something wrong is always there even if there is nothing to regret

0|0
    0|0
  • Ex fiance broke up with me, but regretted it later, if that counts. I however, am not looking back :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Though the regrets I have about ending the relationship are still very small to the regrets I had for letting it live longer than it should have.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. I was forced by my parents to break up with her. I regretted it like nothing else

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, if it's meant to be. It will otherwise nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have. Even after 1.5 years I still regret that evening I broke up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never broke up with someone, theyve always broke up with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the understanding level was very good. N feel was awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never broken up with anyone, I let them regret it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, because I knew this person was someone special to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, she loved me lot , due to circumstances we had to

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, she was just a rebound at first, then i didn't know what i had.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only one is when i was sixteen and me and my girlfriend agreed to break up over a long distanst.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Never

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehhhh. Not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but now I'm glad she didn't take me back

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I remember.
    I feel bad that I ruined her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because she was a nice an cute wemon

0|0
    0|0
  • I was dumped by a gorgeous girl with whom I really liked. She dumped me because her dad didn't approve of her dating a white guy (shes Guatemalan) she really liked me as well and she told me a few years later that she regretted leaving me

0|0
    0|0
  • I could have just bumped and dumped her

0|0
    0|0
  • what I regret is not hurting them when I had the chance

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes