Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone? Why?

What made you break up with them in the first place, and why did you later regret it?

2133

Most Helpful Girl

• I broke up with a guy last year cause of my religion. He's atheist.
    I regretted it. This whole year I mourned over it silently. I saw him every day but we never talked to each other. And he got a girlfriend.
    4 weeks ago his girlfriend broke up with him. I asked him to see Solo with me and he said yes. And I see something piecing back together.
    I regretted breaking up cause I knew nobody had ever made me feel the way he made me feel. He's such a dork too. And a geek. I need that in my life. He explained to me last year that he only gets into relationships if he knows it's going to last.
    I love him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never. If I found a good one, I’d try a little harder to not find excuses to fire them.

One was a waiting ‘til marriage type. Adios.

Another was a drunk partier and a flake.

I’m missing a few less memorable ones.

Four with daddy issues and various levels of uncomfortable validation-seeking extra effort: pies, cookies, cakes, casseroles, salmon, rice, blowjobs, obedient compliance without a challenge.
    One offered a three way with her younger roommate.
    One wanted to leave her life and fly out to live with me.
    One was just nuts and gold-digging while talking crap about the ex and saying how she gets free shit like cars and trips from oral skills.

Had great sex with an unstable bi/pan/kink chick (which obviously meant I was deficient in complementary ways then too) with a massive age and background difference... I wanted it to end on a good note, but immediately I became cast as the “bad guy,” despite talking it out calmly and gently as possible.

_Hire smart&slow, fire smart&fast_

• 7d

I like your style and can relate to a few of those types haha

• 6d

It’s difficult to consider monogamy when the “hottest popular girl” barely in college, golden silk blond down to her mini bubble-butt (and half your age 🤣) is DTF and thinks you’re the shit... one among many in the rotation of cool chicks whom start from looks/health but then have to earn and respect my continued attention by at least behaving.

In general, I sleep first and ask Q’s later during pillow talk when defenses are lowest and over the “what are we” awkwardness.