How would you take this email? Read below!

Brief History: I dated this guys named junior for 9 months. We got along great. We broke up. It’s been 2 months that we haven’t talked or seen each other, until last Friday. His friends and I still get along (They all have since added me on facebook, they requested me, and even his sister) and they invite me over to hang out all the time but I don’t go. Until last week (Friday) I went to one of his friends, Eric, birthday party and my ex Junior was there….It wasn’t awkward at all we were all drinking and laughing. I got invited by Eric’s girlfriend who I became very close too. All his friends and their girlfriends were very very cool with me. I was on facebook yesterday and saw one of his friends Rick who I saw at the dinner. I sent him a request, which I didn’t think it was a big deal since everyone else was cool with me. He added me but this is the message he sent me….( I just copied and pasted)

“Hey you what’s up! Don’t take this the wrong way I think your cool in fact I thought you guys were cool together but that’s besides the fact! I think its to soon to be talking with my best friends ex, of course no in that way! HahahahaJ I don’t know what happened between you guys but even if you and him say you guys are cool about it, I’ve been there and I just don’t want him to think I took side, I know he doesn’t think that but its out of respect, sometimes a person knows not to feel a certain way but people just do! I know at one point every guy may not be up to it, seeing their ex especially with his click! I’m still your friend trust me I know we all can be friends and my girl really likes you I just need to say this for my best friend!”

How should I take this? Guys opinions are greatly important here! Thanks

1
1