When to move on after divorce?

How soon does one move onto another relationship after a divorce?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• It needs to be the right time for you. I started dating my girlfriend a couple months after the ex moved out, the divorce wasn't finalized yet. I was upfront about the divorce, told her I wasn't 100% sure I was even ready to start dating and wanted to take things slow. She was fine with it and we're going on 7 months together.

For something like that to work your new partner needs to be strong, understanding and confident. I know it wasn't completely easy on her either with me going through what I had to go through during the finalizing of the divorce but she saw enough in me to stick through it and rode it out with me. Truly grateful I had her during that time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Immediately. That's why it's called a divorce. It means you two don't lobe each other anymore really

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE