Awkward breakups while living together, what would you do?

So you’re living with your significant other for a couple years and decide it’s not working and you breakup. For whatever reason, you can’t don’t move out (whether because monetary problems, lease obligation, etc)... how long would you wait to start dating? What if you there was someone you wanted to date but couldn’t because of the relationship and now you can, would you still wait?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just lived through this. Nothing was more hurtful than watching my now ex get ready for her date with another guy. Worse she would ask me how she looked. Nothing lik ed rubbing in my face and she want us to be cordial. Move out it's just better.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• See this is a tough one because even though you're not together you're still living together and you're trying not to rub the other one the wrong way so I think you guys need to have a sit-down there's got to be some form of communication but you can come to a happy medium where you both could be happy and still live your life I know that's easier said than done but it's something you have to try and do

2|0
    0|0
  • No you broke up, who cares i mean it will be weird but potentially it woupd open new housing opportunities

1|0
    0|0
  • I would wait until I am really over the other person regardless of the other person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dsnt worth to wait ever single sec is imp in this fckng lf so btr to enjoy it in ur way!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Get out as quickly as possible

1|0
    0|0
  • Start dating whenever you think your ready.

1|0
    0|0
  • Move home_find a new room somewhere

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on!

0|0
    0|0
  • Each other respect

0|0
    0|0
  • im sure your parents would welcome you back home. i dk why you wouldn't just move back in with them, until you get back up on your feet

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I would wait until I was able to move out.. at least do that first before jumping into another relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • You wait a while to make sure things between you two are officially over with. Have a discussion with the person, lay down some rules.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes