People often marry for the wedding and fail the marriage. What contributes to this?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people have unrealistic expectations of marriage and their spouse. They believe marriage is their "happy ending". Marriage is just the beginning of a life together. They don't realize a marriage , like relationships, need to be worked at. People aren't usually prepared for the life struggles marriage can bring.

4|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @Logan27

you're speaking from painful experiences , so you are generalizing, that's an unrealistic and immature outlook to have.

• Marriages fall apart because people don't know how to communicate effectively , and they become selfish within the relationship. They both expect too much from one another

Most Helpful Guy

• Because divorce is normalized and monogamy is slowly estranged from society, especially with men. Most men now a days have cheated on a partner at least once in their life.

0|1
    0|0
    • Your first statement isn't far from the truth but the last part is quiet right. It is easier for women to cheat than it is man, which only women know what each other are capable of... but both men and women are guilty with cheating. Viscous cycle.

• Thanks for mho!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Not being mature enough to handle the responsibility of marriage, and having the wrong idea as to what marriage is like. They often tend to only focus on the good things about marriage and ignore the responsibilities they have and the problems that might arise.

1|1
    0|0
    • 👆👆👆exactly, enough said. I won't even waste my time posting my own opinion!!! Lol

• Show All
    • That's true which only proves the lack of understanding they have and the misconseption they have about marriage. Because I also know a lot of women who want the hugest wedding just to brag about how huge it is.. And then you find them whining every now and then about their marriage because they weren't ready for one in the first place

• they never seem ready with too much temptations from the media to be independent, to be fit, to be competitive, to do this and that which leave their partner a target for scrutiny and blame... plus the surrounding negativity which aid friction.

• A marriage isn't always sunshine e and rainbows, like any relationship their will be hard times. People fail the marriage cause they just throw their hands up and quit cause they don't know how to communicate with each other. The wedding is the is part, a to be can get married but staying married takes effort on both sides.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have known women who are eager to get married to get presents, to dress up, to have a honeymoon, to tie the man down and get so called security - living in this fantasy where he now belongs to them and will never leave them or hurt them. And I have known men get married because she nags and nags till he does, it keeps her quiet, even if he still tries to put it about behind her back, or because she will not have sex with him until he does. I have known hundreds of couples get married when it would have been a lot wiser not to. I work as a relationship expert, full time. In fact I am so busy I have a team of juniors working for me helping me and most of our clients are upset or worried about a relationship issue. www.accuratepsychicreadingsonline.com/psychic-email-reading

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• A lot of people who get married do so without being fully prepared. They set their expectations too high.

0|1
    0|0
  • Marriage is a bunch of archaic nonsense where a couple hairless apes throw shiny things on there fingers and pretend to be in love and not just bound by hormones and chemicals

0|0
    0|0
  • Not knowing the person to begin with. Try living together for 4 or 5 years before marriage.

0|0
    0|0
    • Getting to know someone well is healthy for a marriage but 4-5 sometimes is nothing. (7 year ich) for a marriage to last at least, the Culture, faith, moral code has to be the same and from close family and even than doesn't last with what the media put out and the negativity and jealousy from friends and family members...

• Show All
    • I couldn't agree more. So like I mentioned morality is derived from faith which give you a feel of whether such actions sit well within yourself or don't.

• It definitely does.

• Cohabitation before marriage and sex before marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is because women are incapable of real love and have to take new dick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of responsibility and dedication.

0|1
    0|0
  • Make you stronger

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes