People often marry for the wedding and fail the marriage. What contributes to this?

48

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people have unrealistic expectations of marriage and their spouse. They believe marriage is their "happy ending". Marriage is just the beginning of a life together. They don't realize a marriage , like relationships, need to be worked at. People aren't usually prepared for the life struggles marriage can bring.

• @Logan27

you're speaking from painful experiences , so you are generalizing, that's an unrealistic and immature outlook to have.

• Marriages fall apart because people don't know how to communicate effectively , and they become selfish within the relationship. They both expect too much from one another

Most Helpful Guy

• Because divorce is normalized and monogamy is slowly estranged from society, especially with men. Most men now a days have cheated on a partner at least once in their life.

• Your first statement isn't far from the truth but the last part is quiet right. It is easier for women to cheat than it is man, which only women know what each other are capable of... but both men and women are guilty with cheating. Viscous cycle.

• Thanks for mho!